Author Topic: What tables do you copy for the players ?  (Read 3014 times)

Offline runequester

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
What tables do you copy for the players ?
« on: May 03, 2008, 09:26:59 PM »
Im planning to copy at least the static and moving maneuver tables, and the weapon table for each characters main weapon, so the players will have those available to look at.

What other tables do you provide to the players, and what do you keep as "GM access" ?

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What tables do you copy for the players ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »
Spell Lists and the character creation summary sheets.  The skill list alone is worth around thirty minutes of page flipping.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 10:49:48 PM »
Spell List are number one.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Fornitus

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • The Frequently Deceased
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 03:26:24 AM »
 An eddited list of their spells. (if its above the level they have studied, they dont know any specifics untill they start to learn that portion.)
 And ocasionaly, the hit and crit chart. especialy if I keep loosing it, like Plasma.
CUTHLU FOR PRESIDENT!!
WHY CHOSE A LESSER EVIL?

or did we?

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 05:30:35 AM »
For each player, his character's:
- Spell lists
- Weapon/Attack charts

For all, a copy of:

- SCSM mods table
- Spell Fumble table  ;D
- BAR table
- A summary of Spell Mastery mods

to keep on the table.
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 08:16:33 PM »
Same as Arioch, but also the crit tables that go to those attack tables.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »
Spells and attack tables. Some of them have criticals, I've gone back and forth on that one.
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »
What other tables do you provide to the players, and what do you keep as "GM access" ?

Don't really have anything that is 'GM access' only.  More charts the players have at the ready, the less page flipping the GM has to do.

For spell lists, I also recommend highlighting how high up the player can cast to keep it simpler.

Also the stun maneuver chart if you use it or any SoHK skill descriptions/variations you might be using.

GM's however do get a little testy if the players are seen skimming a monster book however...
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 05:29:29 PM »
 I copy the profession cost page, any spell lists, weapon charts but no crit charts, armor mods for casting, maneuver chart so they get the idea what is going on and any maps or other setting material.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 12:26:05 PM »
Each player receives a copy of his/her spell lists and that is about it. Arms Law usually rotates at each session so each person gets a feel on how it is used.

Back in the days I did create a sheet with all the spell modifiers from RM2 Spell Law gathered on one sheet of paper. Maybe I should start handing that out as well.
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline mathhatt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 04:56:35 AM »
In addition to his character sheet (containing all skills, equipment, and so forth), each player in my group has the attack tables of each of his weapons, his spell lists, and a sheet containing various infos and modifiers so they can handle most of their rolls ingame. The sheet can be found in the following file (it's called "player's help (print)"):
http://mathhatt.free.fr/jdr/rm/fiches/Creation_RMSS_SW6.1.zip
"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it."
-- Galadriel, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring. --