Author Topic: Map JPGs on Website Survey  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Map JPGs on Website Survey
« on: December 24, 2006, 05:44:42 AM »
Some people have expressed the desire to see hi-res graphics of the Echoes maps.  I can post the ones I use to build the PDFs on the website.  They'd more than double the size of the files if I included them with the product zip (probably a lot more than double them).  I'm interested in how many people need that and if you're worried about your players seeing the adventure maps.

Post any additional thoughts below.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Map JPGs on Website Survey
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 12:17:26 PM »
From all the comments elsewhere I have made regarding the CC2 maps and the viewer I find them quite acceptable.  While the viewer is a bit slow and I can't get the tile function to work (I have e-mailed pro-fantasy regarding this but no response yet) I have never had any luck with jpg's.  I don't have any graphics software so jpegs aren't as 'cooperative' for printing out parts or zooming in and such.

For the spoilers, I did notice that on the big Feldric's map of the city the adventure locations are included.  I haven't read both in their entirety so I don't know if they count as a spoiler or are just for a reference.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline allenrmaher

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:45:49 PM »
My gaming group has a grand total of 1 user with a windows computer, the rest of us have flavours of Linux and Mac... so the CC3/2 maps do us no good at all.  If the JPGs were available they would be a great help.  A translation to something like SVG (scalable vector graphics) would be ideal, but I don't know whether CC3/2 supports standards based formats.
Grad School, it's like slave labour, but without the job satisfaction or high social status.

Offline Grafton

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 06:56:08 PM »
CC2/3 work fine for me, that's what I use

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 09:30:22 PM »
I think the maps are one of your stong points and you should show them off.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.