Author Topic: Low-fantasy GM seeks players for custom Rolemaster Classic (RMC) campaign  (Read 1334 times)

Offline mlbobs

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
VTT: Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU)
FGU License: I have the Ultimate license so no cost to players.
Game System: Rolemaster Classic (RMC)

Time Zone: US Eastern – we are GMT-4 or GMT-5 depending on whether we are in Standard or Daylight Savings Time (DST). If we have players living without DST we will probably be able to share the pain and shift the start time by ½ hour so we all have to adjust by 30 minutes when the time changes occur.
Planned start date: As soon as we assemble a group of players we will arrange a Session 0.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-hour group sessions. Since with FGU you can just stop and pick back up right where you were we’ll mostly keep to a hard stop at the planned end time.
Term: It’s a campaign, so awhile.

Text or Voice: Voice
Main Language used: English
Voice software used: Discord server voice channel
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? I might record to be able to go back and make notes, but it won’t be streamed or posted.

Roleplay & Combat mix: A healthy mix of both with some sessions being 100% one or the other. RMC combat is crunchy so it’s easy to have a large fight take some time to work through.
Number of Players in game & needed: I have 1 IRL friend who will be playing so looking for 3 to 5.
Character starting level & equipment: 0 – Some solo play to create character, role play some backstory, and then Level 1 when group first forms.
Character restrictions: Core professions. Common human party with normal backgrounds. No alignments. Real, not evil, but they might have to do bad things. No alchemists (the one profession that I can’t see on the road), no bards (annoying), and sorcerers will have modifications to their spell lists (some of theirs are hard to see how they aren’t evil spells). If you want to you may try and convince me otherwise.

Details of scenario: Magic is as natural as gravity. The Empire is 1700+ years old. For the last 700 years it has been ruled by a magocracy. It is in the year 1733 that a small group of young people first meet on the way to the capitol where each is headed to seek a better future.

Offline nash

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Homepage
What sort of time is the session going to run?

Offline mlbobs

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Oops
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 09:16:16 PM »
Left out sessions will be a weekday, not Friday, to be determined by player availability. Start at 6PM, or 6:30PM, and play to 9PM.

Thanks, Nash.

Offline Haeshka

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Avid Linguist in love with Writing
Re: Low-fantasy GM seeks players for custom Rolemaster Classic (RMC) campaign
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 10:36:34 AM »
If you're still planning on this, I'd like to express interest.  What would you like to hear from potential players?
Moved to rural life, loving nature but still looking for that author's connection with others.

Offline buffsco

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
id be interested