Author Topic: ERA Adding spell lists and Haste  (Read 1127 times)

Offline tarax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA Adding spell lists and Haste
« on: November 07, 2019, 10:51:23 PM »
First off, Love the software, all of the players love it

two questions,

1. Advice on how to deal with someone who is hasted, and same sort of problem, has duel weapon combo. 
With both, I've just been putting in a snap action and a deliberate action as a work around for now, but there must be a more elegant way to deal with it.

2. Adding spell lists.  I see the XML file, edit it, then I get the error "SpellListXMLPullParser class reports: while reading Shield Mastery.spellList.XML"  new line "Expected start tag: spellList"

I put the first few levels in after changing the name of the file, and the first tag to my spell list, got a similar error, moved my spell list to the desktop (out of the configuration/spell directory) it runs.  By experimenting found that simply going into the sample XML file, putting an extra space in the first tag, then deleting it (Making a net zero change) and saving the file, it causes the same error.  This happens using note pad, and an XML editor.  I've gone through the permissions and all that and they are identical.  No idea how to proceed here.  Log file is not help full here either.

Offline tarax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA Adding spell lists and Haste
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 10:51:50 PM »

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 06:05:58 PM »
First of all, I'm really glad you and your players like ERA! It's a pleasure to be able to provide useful tools to fellow GMs and their parties.

When a character is hasted, they simply are allowed more % in total (or you could register all of their actions as half the real percentage). They don't get more than one action per phase. That is almost clear in the RMFRP book, and stated explicitly several times in the rulings.

For the case of a two weapon combo, you would normally have two skills in the character, one with the main hand and another with the off-hand, using the skill binding feature and adjusting by -20. If they are ambidextrous, you would use the same skill and OB for both attacks. So just in case you forget during the declaration, you would use the notes text for that action and indicate something like "2 attacks" or "uses 2WC". Then when you click on the attack action when the initiative for that character is up, you resolve one, and afterwards click again on the attack action and select the corresponding attack skill for the off hand.

As regards the edit spell you mentioned, I tried different scenarios to try to reproduce your issue but couldn't. I have some ideas but for that we would need to check your specific files.
Send the original and modified spell lists files, as well as the ERA/Server/ERA-Support.log file in your installation to the support account: era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net.

Let us know if you have any other questions. And thanks for your interest in ERA!

Offline tarax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 07:09:57 PM »
Genius!  I had forgotton, it doubles the amount of action.....I have four new players and it was described by one of the other players as two attacks....but the truer form is 200% action.  Thank you.
And binding the action is good, I've been using the software since it's role out and have just started playing with some of the higher functions, first player with the duel weapon combo, have to go back to the basics.
I will send you the files shortly.  I'm going to try them on a different computer as well.  Right now it's running on a windows 10 pro machine.

Offline tarax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 12:16:02 AM »
Lesson learned, use the notepad++, and make sure the document is set to the right encoding.
Thanks for the help!