Author Topic: Creature spell use  (Read 1609 times)

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Creature spell use
« on: January 14, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »
Am I missing something or do the spell using creatures from RMSS C&M not have spell list attacks? When I click on the cast a spell icon for a creature imported from C&M there is no spell lists to choose from.
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Creature spell use
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:13:05 AM »
If you mean in ERA, the creature attributes include any spell attack as a weapon, to be used in the attack dialog.
For example, dragon breath is listed as an OB with the corresponding bonus and attack table.

The spells known, listed in a creature's description, are not included in the character created, since the entries are created based on the tables in C&T, so there is no way to deduce all the spells known by all the creatures.

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 10:25:43 AM »
I did mean ERA and specifically the spell lists noted in the creature descriptions. Since most of the elementals, demons and planar creatures along with many of the undead and other creatures have a few lists along with the number of pp per level available to them I thought they would be in the ERA module as well(for example - shadow assassins know all magnet base lists to their level, elemental air guardians know the magician air law list). Since they are not, is there any way to select lists known by a particular creature once it is added to the adventure/encounter page? If not, it would be another useful feature to add, as would the ability to add individual spells from specific lists if the creature has that ability.
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 12:54:09 PM »
I'm currently working on adding skills and spells for all participants in the adventuring module.

This means that you will be able to edit creatures and add any relevant skills or spell lists.

With a little bit of tinkering and advanced customization, you should be able to reuse such characters in other adventures.
Stay tuned  :D

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 10:34:38 PM »
The new version is out, and with it you can edit the skills and spell lists of the characters in the adventure.

The next update will be for the book packages, which will indicate the power points per level and spell lists of as many creature as I can manage from the descriptions in the books.