Author Topic: Eidolon Errata  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Eidolon Errata
« on: October 12, 2015, 03:48:53 AM »
Hello all! Please post any errata you find in the Eidolon II PDF, so we can correct as much as possible before releasing the hardcopy edition.

Thanks!
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: Eidolon Errata
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 03:51:48 AM »
First off, we will be releasing a revised PDF with the maps section in the back rendered at a higher resolution so the numbers on the buildings of the Sel-kai map are easier to read. The file size will be a bit larger but I think it will be worthwhile. (Of course updated PDFs are a free download)
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline starflt

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »
Page 22: The description of Orhan & Charon says "Playing time: 1-5 hours" in the middle of the paragraph, then at the paragraph end says "Playing time: up to one hour"

Page 29: The Trade Network summary says "Imports indicate materials and finished goods that Sel-kai imports from the country" (and vice versa for Exports) but in the individual country subsections, the text uses "Imports from Sel-kai" and "Exports to Sel-kai", reversing the convention.

Page 30: Under Lankan Empire, the text reads "And since the attacks on Namarl-Tol"; it should be "Namar-Tol".

Page 30: Under Kaitaine, the text reads "rare silks from Nuyan Khom"; it is missing the hyphen.

That's all I have through Part III.  Will continue my read through this week.

Offline starflt

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 11:00:43 PM »
Page 60: The table of major merchant houses lists Taminger (I assume this is Cirius Taminger of Taminger's Upper and father of Divad; his family has gotten a promotion since 1st edition!), but the paragraphs for each of the major houses over the next few pages fails to include an entry for it.  I assume this is an oversight.

Page 64: Andara Letharnen is listed as a Laan-Linaer, but is a member of the Loari consulate.  This isn't an error per se, but seems slightly odd that she isn't part Loar and yet is a member of the consulate.  Given that it's not clear how Linaeri are regarded/treated in Namar-Tol (as far as I can remember from Emer II), this might not be an issue.  In addition, the fact that she is a Loremaster might overrule any objections or oddities here.

Page 65: Some of the descriptive entry data for T'salmis are bolded, when they should be normal font.

Page 73/75: The entry for The Green Thorns is carried over from 1st edition.  The Naturists appear to be new.  Are these two groups distinct?   They seem to be very similar in outlook, so if they are distinct (or have some overlap), a sentence or two clarifying their relationship (if any) would be useful.

Page 74: The reference to the Sky King plans should probably have a reference to Part XI; other references to adventure plots have such pointers.

Page 77: "aid" should be "aide"

Offline starflt

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:10:58 PM »
Pages 86, 93, 116, 130, 135: The "Pantry" label on the maps has the "y" moved into a separate line; it really seems like it should fit just fine as a continuous word.

Page 93: "Guest Storrage" is misspelled.

Page 105: Cirius is still described (looks like a holdover from 1st ed) as feeling he is "trapped below the class of the idle wealthy merchant bankers and trade barons."  Is this consistent with his family's new listing among the major merchant houses on page 60?

Page 115: The listing for Andasai College lists Vuris Pelem as Chancellor.  This contradicts the description on page 66 which says that Voris Larigon is Chancellor.

Offline Zavala

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 04:02:41 PM »
First off, we will be releasing a revised PDF with the maps section in the back rendered at a higher resolution so the numbers on the buildings of the Sel-kai map are easier to read. The file size will be a bit larger but I think it will be worthwhile. (Of course updated PDFs are a free download)

That was going to be my first comment, the stand alone map is very nice and readable.  As you stated the ones in the first release of the PDF are very fuzzy.  Was hoping someone could update the map or even make a larger map of Eidolon.

Z

Offline Atouk McMarrin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 04:23:56 PM »
I haven't finished reading through it all, however...

p. 145. Max Speed: 25-30
     Max Speed entry for the Fairwind is missing "mph" as the other entries list.

p. 148. ... levels of society will--if done correctly--will earn you...
     Under "Fitting In," the word "will" is doubled around the em dash.

p. 149. Loarik
     The spelling for this language is usually given as "Loariki" in other source material and is here missing the final "i."

p. 156. SCENE 1: The 'KITCHEN
     Missing an apostrophe after the word "kitchen."

p. 170. ... despite herbs, teas and sven spells.
     Under the Prologue section, the word "sven" should be "even." Maybe.

p. 172. Optionally, ee the Spell Concentration rules...
     Under Scene 1, GM Note, "ee" should be "see."

Keep up the good work!

Offline Atouk McMarrin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 03:09:33 AM »
Just read your post that it's going to print, so I'm a day late on this, but...

p. 161. Hits: 1200
     One-thousand two-hundred hit points, possibly a typo since that's more than twice the hits of an Ordainer.

pp. 190-191. and 193-194. Bold face "Race/Prof:" missing from most entries in this table.

p. 217. Race/Prof: Ilyar-Laan
     Mispelling of Iylar in entries for Lord Barrin, Lady Arisia, and Lord Callin. Lord Barrin needs a space between 85Broadsword, too.

p. 224. City Wardens ("Redcapes). Sel-Kai
     Inconsistent with the section heading written as "City Wardens. Sel-Kai" for the RMSS stats on p. 233.

p. 230. Entries for The Nine are all missing their Race/Prof.

p. 231. Race/Prof. missing for The Nine, continued. Missing information and inconsistent formatting for Helia Vosh

pp. 231-232. Missing Race/Prof: for each Grey Ring entry.