Author Topic: Adapting Curse of the Crimson Throne  (Read 1260 times)

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World's aficionado
Adapting Curse of the Crimson Throne
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:26:47 AM »
So here I am, after many years with my players travelling through Emer and Jaiman I needed a change.

Also because I find the lack of adventures for SW is terrible, I love Kulthea but I need some ready-to-run things to start walking, because I have a job, family, etc.

After some search I decided to adapt Curse of the Crimson Throne, the second adventure path published by Paizo, and I have to say I'm very happy. Of course I changed a lot of things, my city is called Muriah, a Vashaani city in Khûrian fiefdoms in Thuul, and the end is going to be quite different, but the first two books were good enough for me to use with some tweaking, and now we are close to finish the first one, I have to say I'm happy and I really like that ICE produces something similar in the future.

If somebody is interested in the things I have done, feel free to ask, if I find myself lost with players of course I will ask.

You must feel the thought and think the feeling

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Adapting Curse of the Crimson Throne
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 01:03:26 PM »
 I think everyone would love to hear what you have to say, I also think it might make a good series of articles for the GuildCompanion.com and you can submit it to the Vault here.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World's aficionado
Re: Adapting Curse of the Crimson Throne
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 05:47:46 AM »
I would be against writing something in GC about my efforts here as it's a 3rd party product, I prefer to share my thoughts in a clearly fan section.

I decided to use only parts 1 & 2 of the adventure path with minimal changes, I liked the idea of the city adventure but as the path advances it becomes less interesting for me.

The changes:
I put Korvosa in an area I had been working for some time, East Thuul under initial rule of Vashaan Domain. I envisioned a city for exiles of Talakyron in the Khurian Fiefdoms, so I only had to change the name.

Some races are different, I do not like the normal transitions from Western Europe into fantasy like Varisian = Gipsy, so Varisian are not fortune tellers with knifes and a colourful scarf.
  • The Chelaxian are ta-lairi of Loari/Ochu stock, as I decided that many people in Vashaan are going to be half-elves, we noticed that Ochu are among the less gifted races in the Atlas, I do not know why
  • The Varisian are the shay from Khur
  • The Shoanty are Thesian from Thynar

Some Khurian and Thynarians are believers of an old fire religion that is losing power every year. This religion was the worship to Morloch when he ruled all that land.
You must feel the thought and think the feeling