Author Topic: Rolemaster Classic treatment for Rolemaster Companion II  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster Classic treatment for Rolemaster Companion II
« on: June 09, 2014, 05:04:39 PM »
I know back in 2007 a RM Classic treatment was done for Rolemaster Companion. Are there any plans for a similar treatment of Rolemaster Companion II and beyond?

Thanks,
--Desty

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster Classic treatment for Rolemaster Companion II
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 06:47:42 PM »
 In the past they contacted authors to get their permission to see if they could reprint their material, depending on if the could get author and to pay a format person to up the tech it was looked at. But that was the old company and the focus now is on RMU, HARP and making sure the new company can stand on its own. The other problem is how many people will buy the book and if it is worth all of the work for it to be done.
 So in the future it might be done.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »
In the past they contacted authors to get their permission to see if they could reprint their material, depending on if the could get author and to pay a format person to up the tech it was looked at. But that was the old company and the focus now is on RMU, HARP and making sure the new company can stand on its own. The other problem is how many people will buy the book and if it is worth all of the work for it to be done.
 So in the future it might be done.
MDC

I'd be interested in a searchable PDF of either the old version or an RMC-ized version of any or all of the companions.
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 03:47:43 PM »
Unfortunately we can only find two of three authors for Rolemaster Companion II. If we could find the third author and he was agreeable to an IP recovery agreement, then we would be able to rerelease Rolemaster Companion II as a scanned but searchable pdf.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 07:46:54 PM »
Unfortunately we can only find two of three authors for Rolemaster Companion II. If we could find the third author and he was agreeable to an IP recovery agreement, then we would be able to rerelease Rolemaster Companion II as a scanned but searchable pdf.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Which Author is MIA, if you don't mind us asking?
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 03:26:57 AM »

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Which Author is MIA, if you don't mind us asking?

From the Lost Authors thread, I'd assume Mike Carlyle.
I made some things! Azukail Games