Author Topic: Cloudlords  (Read 1905 times)

Offline darksilver

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Cloudlords
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:22:22 AM »
Sorry to say this as I've been an avid supporter of SW for more years than I care to remember, but I'm a little disappointed by this rerelease. Granted the reformatting is good but the limited amount of new material didn't IMO justify my buying it as I already own the original.

More importantly, the map seems to be missing many of the locations.  Where are areas 5-9 and 12?

Of course on the other hand I'm massively looking forward to Emer III as that will be new.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Cloudlords
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
Cloudlords and the other Early Edition rereleases still to come, are not intended to be huge overhauls of material. They will fix some issues, update artwork, provide RMSS material and some modest new material where sensible.

For those who missed the originals when in print (or in some cases when in pdf), they will be new Shadow World material.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Vurkanan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 06:17:35 AM »
The 2006 second edition pdf has already had some small additions and timeline updates. Does this edtion add anything new on top of that?

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »
The 2006 second edition pdf has already had some small additions and timeline updates. Does this edtion add anything new on top of that?
This edition fixes a ton of typos that remained from the OCR even after the 2006 edition, adds skills for all the NPCS, as well as RMSS stats, two new NPCs from Urulan and some additional insights about Urualn and timeline notes; and fleshes out some current-day adventures; perhaps 4 pages of new material. It is also of course a clean new layout (done by me), and the opportunity for a hardcopy edition.

Cloudlords, being originally a Loremaster module set in another time, offered a certain challenge for a new edition. Either rewrite the entire book for 6050's, or offer it with updates and include it with other current-day modules.

Hopefully we're being honest and up-front with you all about what's in these new releases, but Cloudlords has been unavailable for ages, and after the original, the 2006 'second edition' was just a PDF I threw together seven years ago in a hurry. This edition is much better laid-out and in color (and if I do say so myself, the remastered cover art looks better than ever).

For the re-releases of some other books I am working on some major revisions with new adventures and more in-depth background on certain regions, especially Emer I and II in preparation of Emer III.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:16:30 AM by Terry Amthor »
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Vurkanan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like enough reasons to purchase it, even for owners of the old and very old editions.