Author Topic: Opinions on a female martial order and its name  (Read 2866 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: Opinions on a female martial order and its name
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »
Well as it turns out, Husak is the only slaver nation in the Pact of Light (the religious pact with celestial powers started after a great war against demons that established the civilized nations).  Their slaves are mostly goblins, but some humans and hobgoblins who's caste was reduced to slave caste as punishment for their crimes.  This mix of slaves gives many of their farm and work sites both a day and night shift allowing almost continuous work.  The primary industries for the slaves is lumber, crops, and stone quarries.  Slave servants exist but those roles are typically filled by low caste employees rather than slaves.

Warriors amongst the Hobgoblins rarely become slaves however, they almost always choose to fall on their swords rather than face that dishonor.

Pyrotech
-Pyrotech

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 01:18:12 PM »
Slavery is going to exist in pretty much any society unless:

1) population density is high enough that the sheer number of warm bodies available for _____ needed project is not a limiting factor.

2) The culture is wealthy enough and well developed enough that they can afford to do something more humane with their criminals and outcasts. If you imprison a criminal for 10 years instead of killing him, you've just volunteered to feed him for the next decade. That's expensive. Any culture only has the morality it can afford.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »
As mentioned in this post, finally found the only surviving file on the Shangrala Sisterhood.

Shangrala Sisterhood

Please note that this webpage represents only a token reformatting, rewriting effort.  I am planning on using the Shangrala Sisterhood on my new world of Onaviu.  However, you may use it as a guideline for your own (and anybody else for that matter).

Furthermore, please note that this was orginally a .TXT file last written/editted way back in 1987 (timestamp was listed as 9/15/1987 20:57).  Damn, hard to believe it was that long ago.  That means the original .TXT file was actually written while I was still in the USNavy (probably for email to my wife).  Wished I could find the last editted WordPerfect file from about 1995 to 1997.  I know one thing about the latter file, the part about being virginal was deleted.

Anyway, enjoy, or curse it.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.