Author Topic: Emer III  (Read 25394 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: Emer III
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 11:16:49 AM »
I'd originally posted about the City of the Dead, before noticing it was smack in the middle of Uj, so probably in the south-west. By the looks of it, Uj is most of the south-west.

Yup, City of the Dead and Uj are SW Emer, along with lots of other fun stuff.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 12:31:26 PM »
Good gravy am I looking forward to the long out of print SW material to be available again...

:P

The eBay prices for Eidolon and Gethaena are ridiculous.

>>ReaperWolf

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 07:07:18 AM »
Just wondering, Terry, do you have any estimation of when Emer III would be available? A few days? Weeks? Months? Years? Decades? Centuries? Millennia? ^^;;;;;
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 10:49:46 AM »
Just wondering, Terry, do you have any estimation of when Emer III would be available? A few days? Weeks? Months? Years? Decades? Centuries? Millennia? ^^;;;;;

Oof!  Well as it happens I have a lot of time on my hands right now and am working on it pretty steadily. But then it needs to have artwork done and be laid out... I'd say hopefully by the end of the year... :-\
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 09:35:10 AM »
Oof!  Well as it happens I have a lot of time on my hands right now and am working on it pretty steadily. But then it needs to have artwork done and be laid out...
Oh, wonderful. I'm looking forward to it.

I'd say hopefully by the end of the year... :-\
Let's all pray the Lords of Orhan about the matter~
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 10:29:45 AM »
I'd say hopefully by the end of the year... :-\
Let's all pray the Lords of Orhan about the matter~
Pray hard! I'll be doing my best!!  ???
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 09:13:53 AM »
It is a very silly suggestion, don't give it too much importance, but in my personal game the shuluri from Malqanar usually wear as a weapon the tebuje, a weapon from Arms Companion. Some of this weapons are made from the teeth of sharks , and their purpose is more of reaping instead of slahsing. It seems to me that underwater fighting is most useful this kind of weapons. Shark teeth in a subaquatic culture seems nice to me.

Also, it gives the shuluri a little more special details about his way of living/fighting. I like this weapons as chegain, Kynac, that are very integrated in some cultures, they give a cool flavour to the game.

If Terry likes the idea may be it could enter in Emer III, if not, well it isn't important.

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 10:14:15 AM »
 I agree that unique cultural features make the game come alive for everyone, GM and players alike.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 05:04:39 PM »
It is a very silly suggestion, don't give it too much importance, but in my personal game the shuluri from Malqanar usually wear as a weapon the tebuje, a weapon from Arms Companion. Some of this weapons are made from the teeth of sharks , and their purpose is more of reaping instead of slahsing. It seems to me that underwater fighting is most useful this kind of weapons. Shark teeth in a subaquatic culture seems nice to me.

Also, it gives the shuluri a little more special details about his way of living/fighting. I like this weapons as chegain, Kynac, that are very integrated in some cultures, they give a cool flavour to the game.

If Terry likes the idea may be it could enter in Emer III, if not, well it isn't important.

Not a silly suggestion at all Vince, I like the sharks teeth! Not sure what you mean by 'reaping' though, perhaps 'ripping'?
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 06:59:48 AM »
Oh, sorry. Ripping is the word, yes. I feel each year i express myself worse in english, i still understand well when someone talks to me or writes in english, but i am not comfortable anymore talking or writing it; I am out of practice.

When i am not GM'ing , as a player i like to play with Shuluri players lately.  Has good stats in ST and CO for being a Elf, 4 background points, max. hit points 120 with 1d10, and their hability to breath underwater is very useful in some situations like living in Sel-Kai. I will use all the new info about them a lot in Emer III.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:13:06 AM by Vince »

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 08:20:58 AM »
Oh, sorry. Ripping is the word, yes. I feel each year i express myself worse in english, i still understand well when someone talks to me or writes in english, but i am not comfortable anymore talking or writing it; I am out of practice.

When i am not GM'ing , as a player i like to play with Shuluri players lately.  Has good stats in ST and CO for being a Elf, 4 background points, max. hit points 120 with 1d10, and their hability to breath underwater is very useful in some situations like living in Sel-Kai. I will use all the new info about them a lot in Emer III.

No problem Vince, hey I can ONLY speak English! Emer III is loking like a big book, it's already 70 pages of just text plus charts, layouts, illos, etc, so it will be big.

Of course even breathing underwater might be hazardous in Sel-kai, with those polluted canals... though Elves should be immune to most bugs...  ;)
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 08:34:32 AM »
Of course even breathing underwater might be hazardous in Sel-kai, with those polluted canals... though Elves should be immune to most bugs...  ;)

Ooooh - interesting! I never thought of that. I just assumed breathing underwater is fine whatever the state of the water but I suppose it's exactly like polluted air!

My Shuluri player will be so pleased when we start playing again - he's already spent a bit of time in the canals. :P

(Would this also be a problem for people using breath underwater spells or herbs?)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 09:25:44 AM »

Ooooh - interesting! I never thought of that. I just assumed breathing underwater is fine whatever the state of the water but I suppose it's exactly like polluted air!

My Shuluri player will be so pleased when we start playing again - he's already spent a bit of time in the canals. :P

(Would this also be a problem for people using breath underwater spells or herbs?)

That's a good question, maybe even worth a Guild Companion article. Flipping through my old Eidolon book, looks like I didn't give it much attention. I'm pretty sure I brought it up in the Shadowstone fiction. But there would be all kinds of bacteria and parasites (all kinds of parasitic worms) swimming in those canals because of the waste being dumped in them. I would say that you are as much at risk as anyone else exposed to the water; just being IN the water and not 'breathing' it could expose you to the nasty things living in it. Naturally down in Malqanar you hardly need to worry about such things.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 10:29:29 AM »
  There have been a few cases of people catching parasites or bacteria by swimming in contaminated water here in the North West, USA. Also in the San Diego area when ever there is a problem in Mexico with sewage it tends to close the beaches in the S.D. area because of bacteria.

For weapons I like jelly fish tentacles as well as sharks skin wrapped weapons. As sharks skin can be as abrasive as sand paper. No good against armored opponents but good against unarmored opponents. IMHO this is common among adapted weapons from the sea and metal armor.
MDC   
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 10:41:45 AM »
I would think that for people using magical or herbal means to breathe underwater, it would depend on how it worked. Simply "breathing" the contaminated water in, and extracting the oxygen like a fish, would probably not be particularly safe, and would give a chance to catch a disease or ailment. If, however, the means, for example, extracted the oxygen from the water, and created a "bubble" of breathable air around the characters head, than that would probably be safe.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »
  Do not forget about the other orifice besides the mouth as bacteria and parasites can be a big problem there also.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2011, 12:04:13 PM »
  Do not forget about the other orifice besides the mouth as bacteria and parasites can be a big problem there also.
MDC

Ummm... well there are several. Cold viruses can get in by touching the eyes (I did a few cold studies). There's the nose. And remember 'Wrath of Khan' and the ears. And others! So many fun possibilities! I'm inspired all over again!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »
If a demons body were pitched into a canal, there could even be demonic viruses thriving in the darkest parts of the canals, maybe even demonic protoplasm...anyway, there are small list of plannar viruses in...brain fart!  Creatures and Treasures II or III?  SW Master Atlas? 

It seems I have forgotoon, but I know they are there. 
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Mordenkainen

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »
Stop reading this thread Terry and get back to work on the manuscript!

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2011, 08:26:37 AM »
Stop reading this thread Terry and get back to work on the manuscript!

LOL you sound like my editor! It doesn't take me ALL that long to check the boards and the SW FB page. Oh and I'm working on Shadowstone today, then back to Emer, having been inspired by watching Jurassic Park III (I don't know why, but I hated the second movie, but still love I and III).
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.