Author Topic: Emer III Errata thread  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: Emer III Errata thread
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 07:36:35 AM »
Last chance to get your errata in! I am doing the edits now for the print version. If you haven't got your Emer III PDF yet, get it now before the discount period ends.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/125297/Shadow-World-Emer-III
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 02:43:36 AM »
There's a contradiction in Emer III regarding Schrek's 'mother'.

On page 10, section 4.0 (Interregnum), it is said: "And far more horribly, another of the Order is captured by the Agothu and taken into the Void. By some unspeakable method, this female K’ta’viir is impregnated and bears a child. It consumes the mind and body of its mother and seeks a way to return to Kulthea." (Bold mine). This matches what has been printed in previous timeline entries regarding the origins of Schrek - that she was a lost member of the original Daenku Ahrenreth, clearly a 'good guy' that meets a horrible fate.

On page 91, under the section titled "Schrek", it speaks of his mother as well: "The Essænce Lady Jereneth had always been fascinated with Portals and interplanar travel. She was neutral in the great conflict that ended the First Era of Ire, and rather than accept the Edict of Utha, she fled into the Pales, thinking she could make her home there. Unfortunately, her self-confidence was even greater than her skills, and she became lost in the Far Planes. Captured soon after passing beyond the Near Pales, she was taken into the Void where the Agothu reside." This passage clearly states she was neutral, aligned with neither Utha nor Kadaena (perhaps like Andejaan?), and it heavily implies that she fled before the fall of the Empire at the end of the First Era.

I get the idea that the original backstory of Schrek's mother has been written in more than one way, and an alternate version found it's way into print on page 91. (It's nothing that Tolkien didn't do many a time...)

Also, "Portals" in that passage on page 91 shouldn't be capitalized.

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 03:06:08 AM »
Page 13, timeline entry for year 596 SEI: "Andejaan then retires the K’ta’viir facility, where she continues manipulating the genetics of the island’s inhabitants."

Taking this into context, it looks like the word "to" is missing here "Andejaan then retires to the K’ta’viir facility, where she continues manipulating the genetics of the island’s inhabitants."

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 03:15:50 AM »
Page 15, timeline entry for c.3900 SEI: There is an extraneous bracket ("[") at the beginning of the sentence "[Schrek also soon detects a power in the Isle of Jade..." As this entire timeline entry is 'secret', the whole entry is appropriately bracketed. This one in the middle is unnecessary.

Offline geh4th

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 03:31:30 AM »
Page 17, timeline entry for 1298-1315 TEI, last sentence on the page is a fragment: "The top half of the actual staff Raathtruliik (K. “Cold leaping flame”)."

Page 19, timeline entry for 1480 TEI: Missing period at the end of the first sentence "Aldaron lays aside the Scepter of Emer, and his daughter Vania assumes the throne"

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 04:12:10 AM »
Improper capitalisation (I think, going by other references). p.24

Former Loremaster Elor once Dark takes the Raathtruliik - Should be a capital "O" in "once"
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 04:28:04 AM »
Okay, thanks to all for their input! I am closing the errata for the print edition and the next PDF upload. You can still post errata here for the benefit of others, and if something major should come up, we can always update the PDF. Thanks again!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 10:37:33 PM »
We have noticed that there are some strange anomalies on the maps on pages 204-205 of the print editions. We're still not sure what happened, as the maps are the same Illustrator files as the PDF file, so something went wrong in printing. I apologize, and attached are the pages from the PDF for those who did not buy the PDF version. Also all the labels are visible on the GM map early in the book. I'll work on generating a print-quality PDF of these pages for download, and we're looking into the strange overprinting of the labels.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.