Author Topic: Guild Companion April 2010 (Issue 134)  (Read 1786 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Guild Companion April 2010 (Issue 134)
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:49:54 AM »

Greetings from the Guild Companion

The April issue is now available at http://www.guildcompanion.com

This month, we have thoughts on how to use island evolution in games, new variant custom armor rules for HARP, a detailed set of rules for how to apply Rolemaster criticals in HARP combat, and an intriguing alternative to fate points in Rolemaster - fate cards. Plus the monthly update from GCP Ltd's workshops - with pictures!

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Re: Guild Companion April 2010 (Issue 134)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »
Good issue. Excellent articles. I especially like the fate cards which he had sort of in a DnD game once. Nice idea and definitely something I will consider using in my HARP campaign. Really nice. And even though the two-roll combat system is nothing for me at the moment I liked the article on the RM criticals in HARP. Funnily enough I did some calculations lately to get a mathematical approach to the HARP comabt system (core, ML, H&S) for my spreadsheet and make it quicker and easier to use as well as giving it the accidental deadly side of RM criticals without having to roll twice.
Have to test the armour thing before I can comment on that really and will read the island article when I have got more time on my hand.
Nice to read that there are articles coming in and to see an issue that is full of good articles and even better news (nothing on Something wicked though ... *sigh*).
Keep up the good work and congratulations on an excellent issue!
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:45:28 AM »
Something Wicked will get my attention as soon as I am off the critical path for HARP SF Xtreme.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 07:00:44 AM »
I like the Fate Deck - especially the negative cards that must be played right away.   We've been playing Savage Worlds a lot where there is an "Adventure Deck" that is much the same thing and all my players love the idea.   I had been planning on doing something similar for RM.   There are some neat ideas in this one.  Now we just need some cool RM artwork for the backs of the cards.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:07:51 AM »
Woo-hoo!  Sounds like my adventure will be in print soon.  Good times! ;D
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"