Author Topic: SM:P Races  (Read 2574 times)

Offline croakerdogboy

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Software Developer/Writer/ Indentured Servant
SM:P Races
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:40:42 PM »
I just recently bought the entire line of SM:P at once and have been going through it all over time. Last night I was rolling up a character when I began to think about the races involved and pondering doing an Oort Recon character just to be contrary.

How many have seen characters that really went against their racial profile (not Bear Soldiers who have gone insane, I am certain that is as popular as Androids or Dragoons who have kicked the habit) but really off the wall. Like a Falanar Entertainer.
It is the fundamental theory of all the more recent American law...that the average citizen is half-witted, and hence not to be trusted to either his own devices or his own thoughts.

H.L. Mencken

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: SM:P Races
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
 I can say that non of my group went to far afield when creating thier PC and I did not have any NPC's that radically broke the mold. I can see its place in the universe and the need for it to happen in society but my group really did not venture there.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Oldgrue

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:31:13 PM »
I'm usually the wacky one in my group. 

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:27:12 PM »
well, if you do it ALL the time it gets old and expected... but if you come up with a character now and then, or NPC, that makes the players stop, snap their head around and say, wide eyed of course, "OMG, that... that's just wrong!"

*makes note to have a female minotaur bellydancer/entertainer at some point............*
Ooo, that's gonna leave a mark...

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland

Offline Dark Mistress

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »
Well not in SM:P but I do all homebrew settings. But I do have one player that sticks to the race type and one that virtually always goes to far and gimps himself. But all and all most people might go a bit off the beaten path with race types but not to far you can no longer see the path.
Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty.

- Benjamin Franklin