Author Topic: Sourcebooks  (Read 2769 times)

Offline croakerdogboy

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Software Developer/Writer/ Indentured Servant
Sourcebooks
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:46:19 PM »
I was on Robert Defendi's site (which hasn't been updated for a while) and noticed that he had some sourcebooks listed for the ISC, Tulgaran Knighthood, and the Jeronan Empire as well as Spacemaster Law listed. It stated that Spacemaster Law was completed. The page also said it was last updated on 05/21/06.

Kinda curious about the status of these projects.
It is the fundamental theory of all the more recent American law...that the average citizen is half-witted, and hence not to be trusted to either his own devices or his own thoughts.

H.L. Mencken

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: Sourcebooks
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:08:19 PM »
Permahold.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline DJRJ_AU

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Lost & Confused...
    • Surviving Suburbia
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 06:13:42 AM »
Any idea as to when the "hold" switch will be turned off?  As I have noted in another thread it seems to these (jaded?) eyes of mine that SM:P has been thrown over in favour of HARP SF...   :(

Offline croakerdogboy

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Software Developer/Writer/ Indentured Servant
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »
You know, I used to play when games didn't have much in the way of artwork, were badly typeset, and were full of misspellings with different size fonts and overlap in the margins. The books also were not 400 pages, didn't cost $60, and were in most cases better then what is being turned out now.

If the ideas are still in the head, they could be done on the computer pretty quick, even if they were only available on PDF. They don't need artwork to sell. Since there wouldn't be any publishing overhead, it seems that even if a few people bought there would still be a profitable market.
It is the fundamental theory of all the more recent American law...that the average citizen is half-witted, and hence not to be trusted to either his own devices or his own thoughts.

H.L. Mencken