Author Topic: Castles & Ruins is NOW ON SALE!!!  (Read 7956 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Castles & Ruins is NOW ON SALE!!!
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:29:28 AM »
Yes, Castles and Ruins is back in publication. And you can buy a copy for $16 TODAY!

Originally published in 1996 by ICE, this new edition of Castles and Ruins has been digitally remastered by The Guild Companion.

Castles and Ruins is a sourcebook dealing with the details of castles, construction of dwellings, and the aging of ruins. Designed for use with the Rolemaster Standard System and wholly compatible with Rolemaster Fantasy Role-Play.

Inside you will find details on the history of castles, the construction of castles, the folk who dwell in and around castles, as well as how castles age to become ruins.

In Castles and Ruins you get:

* Many new Training Packages that represent the vocations and lifestyles of the folk around castles - including a selection of Training Package Spell Lists.
    * Details on the processes used in castle construction (finding sites, materials, labor, etc.). Guidelines on costs are also provided.
    * Details on staffing of castles as well as notes about the day-to-day operations of these bastions of power.
    * Guidelines on how castles age, becoming ruins. These ruins and other structures are often the sites of lost treasure and many adventures.

Castles and Ruins has come back home. You can pick up your copy from RPGNow Edge now via:
http://edge.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=6759&SRC=ICE

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: Castles & Ruins is NOW ON SALE!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 10:35:49 AM »
 :wave:

Excellent!
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 11:57:50 AM »
Ausgezeichnet! Very good. Excellent!

Brilliant work!

Thanks a lot!
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 02:07:39 PM »
Cool, keep up the good work!
/Pa Staav

Heimdall

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »
same book?
new info?
errata included?
I have several copies already...

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 02:03:02 AM »
same book?
new info?
errata included?
I have several copies already...

Mostly same book with some errata fixed and an extra page of new content.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 08:22:12 AM »
Particularly for anyone who has not seen the original Castles & Ruins, we have an excerpt pdf in this month's TGC. The excerpt includes the Table of Contents.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Roland

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • SW addict
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 04:28:35 AM »
Mostly same book with some errata fixed and an extra page of new content.Best wishes, Nicholas
Nice...
I have The original Book. Could it be possible to have just the page with the Errata fixed and the extra page of new content ?  ;D ::)
Durandal

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 04:49:15 AM »
Mostly same book with some errata fixed and an extra page of new content.Best wishes, Nicholas
Nice...
I have The original Book. Could it be possible to have just the page with the Errata fixed and the extra page of new content ?  ;D ::)

You can find them at
http://www.guildcompanion.com/scrolls/1998/dec/land_costs.html
and
http://www.guildcompanion.com/scrolls/2000/mar/castlesandruinserrata.html

If you mean a pdf of the fixed page and the extra page, I'd have to create such a mini-pdf and you'd have to pay for that - the point of the pdf reprints is to enable the authors to make some money from their old work.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Roland

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • SW addict
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 04:57:38 AM »
Thanks  ;)
Durandal

Offline Lord Garth

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 03:45:19 AM »
Nice work. I actually enjoyed that book quite a bit. Gave me a lot of ideas for some quality GMing.

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 10:39:59 PM »
Finally got my finances in order and picked up a copy as well as the Essence Companion.  Sweet material, lots of training packages and spell lists.

Offline Dalewarrior

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 03:06:39 PM »

Hello all,

I'm new here, I am from Portugal and would like to compliment everybody for this great forum!

I have the old edition of Castles and Ruins, a great book, and was looking at the Watches table in p. 104. There must be some errors in the table, as the last column only reads Large, while in the penultimate it reads 1 Walker/Creature. The second column reads 6+ Sneaks/1 Sneak and on the following column it reads 6+ Walkers/1-5 Sneaks. If someone could clarify me the table, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks!  ;D

Regards,
Ant?nio

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 06:37:22 AM »
I believe it means a "Large Creature", so even sleepy sentries may spot the Troll approaching.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell