Author Topic: Gleefully stealing a plot hook from another game company  (Read 3616 times)

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Gleefully stealing a plot hook from another game company
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:41:32 AM »
Malhavoc Press has a sourcebook out called "When the Sky Falls", about gaming in a city which has been hit by meteor.  I think this would be a great campaign to run in post-disaster Kaitaine. (Emer)

BTW...this book is available for free until January 15 at Drive-Thru RPG.
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Gleefully stealing a plot hook from another game company
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »

/beginaside
I grabbed this one as well. I have had meteors in my game via launches from other plane(t)s through planar gates. Too bad I didn't have the supplement then...
/endside

Ciao,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Gleefully stealing a plot hook from another game company
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 01:49:31 AM »
You could combine this with the AD&D boxed adventure about a high-tech space ship and it's crew and these high-tech construct enemies (I think it is called "Tale of the Comet").

It would take a little restructuring: The meteor could have carried the seeds of these constructs and the Rael (the aliens) have followed to destroy the constructs. With SM rules you could easily create the constructs - maybe even change them to be a form of land-based Night Brood.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.