Author Topic: Shadow World  (Read 5583 times)

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Shadow World
« on: October 13, 2007, 04:56:08 PM »
Shadow World material has been a bit scarce as of late, so I was wondering whether there a plans to put SW material into the Rolemaster Quarterly or HARPer's Bazaar?
Would be nice to get more basic information. I don't care much about the Jerak Arenreth or Ondoval, even the east is not that interesting for most of my campaigns. As I have indicated in another thread I would like to see more information on the Navigators and their projects, their guilds (more than in Powers), their politics, schemes etc. Also, Remiriath would be interesting to see outlined more detailed. And more maps for all sorts of locations, maybe a few pictures or landscapes or skylines.
Namar-T?l should also be presented in more detail ... peeping over at Eberron, skyships, airbarges, etc. have great potential and should be given more attention.
Also Saralis, although I rememeber that Terry is planning to release something on that part of the world.
Ulor and the whole Lugrok countries also seem to be interesting places.
And maybe one of the top locations: Urulan: definitely more information, details, etc.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Shadow World
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 03:57:53 AM »
There are some material on Navigators in the Powers of Light&Darkness book (page 77-88). But I dont know if you already have that ???
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 04:00:20 AM »
Yep, I have that book and actually reading in it made me wanting more because I felt that there is too little and too much already known in there.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 10:14:18 AM »
I personally would like to see Emer volumes III and IV.  I would also like to see someone beat up Ondovaal and take all his stuff. :p
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
I thought Namar tol was covered in a book already?

Oh yeah it was Emer Book II - The North East. Cant recall how well detailed it was though. A few years back since I read it
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 03:52:13 PM »
There's no good reason why us Shadow World fans can't create stuff on our own and publish in the TGC, or in TGA.    To be done right it would just mean Terry acting as final arbiter and editor which I don't think he would mind doing.   My brother and I were going to start a project such as this but just haven't had time.

I was starting work on a SW map project to better detail the maps of SW using CC3 but that has gotten stalled.   I hope to pick it up again soon (and get help!).   

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 07:45:14 PM »
I'd be happy to sign off on other people's SW work; just run the concept by me first (and maybe I can add some ideas that you could embellish), then let me approve the final work. I have nothing against others contributing to the world! :-)
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline cedher

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Jaiman SourceWeb
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 05:37:23 AM »
I was planning on a supplement for Saralis, but after Terry announced his Saralis/Xa-Ar module I put it on hold since it would most likely not be canon anymore then.
But maybe I will rework the campaign after this module is published to, if possible, fit it into that verision of Saralis.

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 03:15:06 PM »
I have been working on SW stuff for years, mostly in and around Jaiman, and recently started working on some Saralis stuff.  But, I too put it on hold until Terry was done.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 04:32:50 PM »
Sorry guys! I apologize for jumping back into NW Jaiman (I blame my faiing memory). Hope it will be worth it. It's turning out to be pretty substantial (60 pp maybe) and may be out by xmas

TKA
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline cedher

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Jaiman SourceWeb
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 01:11:26 AM »
No apology needed, I look forward to the new Xaar/Saralis module as much as everyone else, especially the Xaar part as it has not been described much at all earlier.

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 12:29:03 PM »

I rellay need to dig out those files that were made when a bunch of the ML guys wanted to make a SW Race & Culture.... I have all the Elves, Half Elves and a good number of the Unusal Races done with RMSS/FRP stats and Race & Culture: Underground Races  layout. I just need to dig them out, polish them, update them up to SWMA4 ( damned, the Punkari are not Elves anymore ;) ), and then I'll send them towards TGC.... Well, that's something I'll try to do as soon as time allows...
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Koraq

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 09:42:11 AM »
Emer III and IV after Jaiman, pretty please!  ;D

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »

I rellay need to dig out those files that were made when a bunch of the ML guys wanted to make a SW Race & Culture.... I have all the Elves, Half Elves and a good number of the Unusal Races done with RMSS/FRP stats and Race & Culture: Underground Races  layout. I just need to dig them out, polish them, update them up to SWMA4 ( damned, the Punkari are not Elves anymore ;) ), and then I'll send them towards TGC.... Well, that's something I'll try to do as soon as time allows...

Work up stats for RM2/C while you're at it :P
Djivan Yera Ashkali
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax