Author Topic: Armor questions  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Keyron

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Armor questions
« on: September 04, 2019, 08:07:42 AM »
Hi to everyone.

I have a little question about armors.
All the fuss is about the minMP penalty. I don't understand it.

I get a +30 DB from the studded leather armor and then i get a -5 of minMP giving me a total of +25DB and a -5 to practically every skill (only few are spared).
Why the armor can't give +25DB directly?
Probably i misunderstood the rules, but there is an enchantment or a material bonus to remove this minMP?

Thank you to everyone who will answer me

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Armor questions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 09:16:10 AM »
Armor Maneuver Penalty does not affect DB at all. Also, wearing armor is not a maneuver, so as you don't roll against armor, ArmorMP doesn't affect your final reduction. I actually don't think there's a case where you'd make an Armor roll, so the penalty doesn't apply to the Armor skill.

I admit there is some confusion in what is and isn't a Maneuver, but in the "isn't" category, they may have other things that affect them, i.e., Initiative and positioning plus what combination of weapon and shield you're using. A full suit of "studded" leather is DB 30, period.

And the MP only applies to skills that use Ag or Qu (inclusive or in this case).

However; the MP does affect the (2*Qu) to DB, that said it cannot reduce it below 0 regardless of how much the MP is.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Keyron

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 01:42:01 PM »
Ok, now everything is more clear.
Thank you very much   ;D

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 09:56:20 PM »
You're welcome. In a game with a ton of options like HARP, confusion is bound to crop up.
#LotorAllura2024