Author Topic: ERA RMC other spell lists (not profession) where are they?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Aldawile

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA RMC other spell lists (not profession) where are they?
« on: November 03, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »
I love how the own realm own base lists are selectable and viewable on the char sheet and during leveling.

BUT, where are all the other spells from open and closed same realm lists? Are those not available in ERA? Are we supposed to manually add them to the software somehow? It shows the categories but no lists are available on the char sheet.  Thanks for help.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA RMC other spell lists (not profession) where are they?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 07:11:54 PM »
The base lists for a profession are automatically offered as skills in a new character, since most likely they will be learned at one point or another.

The reason the open and closed lists are not added by default is to avoid a lengthy list of skills which the character might never even consider learning, worse still for semi and non-spell users. And for hybrids the list would be even more difficult to manage.
In that spirit, if a character wants to learn a non-base spell list, you just need to add it as a new skill in the corresponding category (check this point of the tutorial video).

As soon as it's added, spell lists skills will show the book icon to get a list of the spells.

Let me know if that works for you, and thanks for your interest in ERA!

Offline Aldawile

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA RMC other spell lists (not profession) where are they?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »
That makes a lot of sense.  I tested and that worked (gotta get the spelling right too)

BUT...
So with this in mind, is there a master list of spell lists out there combining all spell lists from the various companions in RMFRP?
I'd like to have a sheet or file that I can let my less experienced players refer to when they are building characters.
It doesn't need to have spell descriptions, literally just the names of the spell lists themselves would be helpful so they know how to input them into ERA while building characters.
Preferably that would include open/closed/realm/professionbase info as well.