Author Topic: ERA--Descriptive Text jumble  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Harp4Ron

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA--Descriptive Text jumble
« on: July 22, 2018, 04:56:34 PM »
I have custom races for my RM game. While i like the software so far, I noticed the race descriptions are jumbled into a eye sore run-on.. no formatting (paragraphs. line breaks etc...) Is it possible when i apply my custom races to at least throw in a line break here or there or paragraph end or beginning.I tried some basic HTML formatting <br>, <p>...but server is not loading says need end tag...my HTML is challenged (never used it ) to say the least.. so is it possible for such formatting? Or any for that matter?
Thanks Ron
1st rolemaster/merp  game in 90s..last when I die!!

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA--Descriptive Text jumble
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:26:19 PM »
You have 2 sections: <ImportantInformation> and <Description>. Each is presented in its own paragraph. There is no much room for a lot of information there. If changed to a multi paragraph section, the interface might need to be redesigned to allow for more room for the race description.
You might notice that not all of the race description from the books is included. This is mainly because the narrative details of the races do not correspond in ERA. We just present a small paragraph to remind you of the basic information, and values related to game mechanics. ERA is not meant to replace the moment when the players skim through the books, talk about their characters with the GM, etc.

In any case, any ideas/suggestions you might have are appreciated.
Thanks for your interest in ERA!