Author Topic: Folder issue with MacOS  (Read 1461 times)

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Folder issue with MacOS
« on: February 25, 2018, 05:46:34 PM »
I am having some issues with the installation of the MacOS version of ERA. While I can get it to work using localhost instead of the IP address given, none of the configuration files or logs are visible. When I look in the about tab for the path, it lists it as ~Applications/ERA-MAC/ERA.app/Contents/Resources/...
Since ERA.app is not a valid folder, I can't get to any of the files, but they still seem to work somewhat as I can access the server saved characters and can run combats etc.
or what it is worth, I also have a spinning gear in my menubar that says "ERA-RMFRP.app 0% complete(Run AppleS..."
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Folder issue with MacOS
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 05:12:05 AM »
Due to changes made by Apple from OS X to MacOS, you may be having conflicts if you had a previous version of ERA and then installed a new one.

In MacOS, it is recommended that you download ERA and move it to the Applications directory.
What you describe sounds like you have an old installation in Applications, and another somewhere else.

You should search in your computer for any mention of ERA and make sure to keep only the latest version, preferably inside Applications.

Apart from the location, the About tab should also tell you the version. That could be useful in determining if you are running the version you expect.

Let me know if that helps.
Thanks for your interest in ERA!

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 07:38:49 PM »
I double checked, removed all references to ERA everywhere on the computer and reinstalled the jan 2018 version. It works, but I still don't have access to the logs or configuration files since it still says the subfolders are in the applications/era-mac/era.app/contents folders that don't exist due to the era.app folder misname.
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 05:57:08 AM »
We solved it via the support mail account, but as a reference for anyone going through the same issue:

In macOS, all the stuff you see in the Applications directory IS a directory, which you can open by choosing "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu (the one you get with Right Click or Cmd+Click).

So, when you open Applications/ERA-Mac, the ERA icon you see is what macOS calls ERA.app

You should right-click/cmd+click on the ERA icon, choose "Show Package Contents", then navigate to Contents, Resources, RMFRP.
In there you will find the files for Adventures, Characters and Configuration.