Author Topic: ERA Characters and Net  (Read 1523 times)

Offline grona73

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA Characters and Net
« on: February 22, 2018, 05:51:40 AM »
1. I did 3 characters with Era  and they worked fine until i bought new ad-dons and suddenly only 1 character is working. Everything seems to be fine only thing is that when i attack a creature no matter what number i put the result is blank?!??!

I attached the characters below, Cedrif is the working one..

Any suggestions?

2. How i connect to ERA with other pc firewalls are down and everything should work but no?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA Characters and Net
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:56:23 PM »
We could help you check and find the reason. Please send a mail to the support account era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net containing:
- The adventure with the characters and creatures involved (You may need to use the Scribe button on the Adventure options to ensure a complete adventure file is created).
- The files for the characters
- The list of installed add-ons (even better, if possible, a detail of which were installed previously and which you purchased/upgraded when the issue started happening).

About the connection, I am not sure if I understand the case. Once you start the ERA server on a computer, any computer / phone / etc on the same WiFi network should be able to connect, as long as no firewalls are blocking the IP. Please include in your mail to the support account some detail on the configuration of the PC's involved, and we will try to help with that as well.

Thanks for your interest in ERA!

Offline grona73

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »
That's AWESOME thank you my distant friend :)

E-Mail Sent. :) :) :)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 07:18:06 PM »
Just to help anyone coming across the same issue in the future:

It seems almost all combat skills have no attack table defined for them.
This could be the case if you added the skills manually after the character creation process.

I've confirmed that once the tables are chosen, combat works as expected in the adventuring module.
You can check where to configure the attack tables at this point of the skills tutorial video.