Author Topic: Feedback: Mind over Matter -- Chapter 6 (July 2013)  (Read 2320 times)

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
« on: July 07, 2013, 01:31:59 AM »
This thread is for feedback on the article "Mind over Matter -- Chapter 6", that appears in the July 2013 Guild Companion.

Comments on the writing style are welcome. As are comments comparing the rules, derived in large part from the spell-casting rules of RMFRP, with the combat spellcasting rules.

Any errata noted are also welcome, in this and the other chapters. Since I plan to augment and reprint the whole as a unified supplement, available via these forums' downloads pages, any such errata are very unwelcome in the final product; feel free to help me step on them!

Finally, if you have suggestions and ideas on how to augment this material, please feel free. If I like it, you'll get credited in the final version, and -- as well -- my gratitude as a GM and writer. And if you're lucky I will not "got your nose!" you. :)
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Feedback: Mind over Matter -- Chapter 6 (July 2013)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 07:49:10 AM »

Quick Thoughts,
 I like the 3 tier'ed attack approach, same, close and different
   I would have centered the data in table 6.1.1 instead of having it right justified

I really like the inclusion of various products in your article (Race and Cult, etc)

Text "Empath[/size]The powers on this list are not defensive, however they can be used to heal damage caused by attack psionics."[/size]
In the above text does not defensive mean, offensive? I know it gets to be a pain saying everything is offensive but it makes it very clear to people who English is to their first language as to what you mean.

All in all I liked the article and your past articles dealing with the subject as well.
MDC

Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »

Text "Empath[/size]The powers on this list are not defensive, however they can be used to heal damage caused by attack psionics."[/size]
In the above text does not defensive mean, offensive? I know it gets to be a pain saying everything is offensive but it makes it very clear to people who English is to their first language as to what you mean.
Thank you for your feedback: here, I was trying to say that while none of the powers could defend against an attack, as in prevent them, they could repair the physical damage caused by the attack. How could I have said it in a better way?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »
 I think I would say what you did there at the end, "The powers on this list can repair physical damage caused by psionics attacks."

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 09:54:39 PM »
Thank you, Mark.