Author Topic: Random Updates from Terry Amthor  (Read 287189 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #1480 on: March 27, 2019, 06:52:32 AM »
One of the things I noticed is missing from both the Master Atlas and Powers is a monster chart for the Drones. You give some stats for Jenkyna's Omega, but no level and nothing on the other types of drones. I have the original box set atlas, so I can look up the stats in the set, but it would be nice to have them included in the updated materials.

One thing I would love to see expanded on are Shadow World specific monsters and artificial constructs. That's one of the aspects of Shadow World that makes the setting feel like Shadow World.

One of my 'Back Burner' projects is a second edition/major expansion of Artifacts & Lost Technology (it previously appeared in the Atlas Addendum book in the Emer boxed set in 1990), which would include the drones as well as constructs. One of these days...
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline brandivil

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1481 on: March 27, 2019, 03:30:17 PM »
This is something that I think would sell like hot cakes.  I believe us Gm's yearn for a greater depth of 'gear' that might be found with the denizens of Shadow World.

If you were ever to find the energy to do this, you might consider creating a set of treasure profiler tables.  As in Ad&d they have already premapped treasure types to creatures, this cannot be done with shadow world specific entities.  However, if all SW denizens could be assigned a treasure category according to their characteristics and profiled then you would l achieve the same.

Therefore if one was foolish enough to break into sulthang's lair, what would he find other than the documented items... Instead one might find some unique moderate useful items (rolled from profiling tables from within this Artifacts & Lost Technology book derived from the dragon Lord's own characteristics).

I ask you, how likely is the dragon lord to possess other items of ancient origin but just not mentioned in the existing books?

Next question... What would this do to invigorate a player group to do? Then noting the arrival and impressed with the import of Artifacts & Lost Technology book makes?

Would this group not seek more daring opportunities noting that they have a chance of discovering something truly new?

Food for thought maybe... Would like to support the creation of this, pretty good at admin stuff.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1482 on: March 28, 2019, 06:39:45 AM »
I guess part of my hesitation with doing Artifacts & Lost Technology is that much of it would be of necessity redundant. It would hardly be complete without the Tethior artifacts from Jaiman, for instance. On the other hand it would include all the material from original book, including the descriptions of the eight citadels of the Jerak Ahrenreth, and lots of Worim, Jinteni, Taranian and Essænce Lord tech.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1483 on: March 28, 2019, 09:51:39 AM »
Update: I am taking a short break from Haalkitaine to knock out this small 'Intro to SW Emer' adventure (I can only slave over those Haalk adventures so long before I need a break). The adventure will be 8-12 pages long and will be offered on RPGNow as a separate item.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1484 on: March 28, 2019, 10:11:18 AM »
Update: I am taking a short break from Haalkitaine to knock out this small 'Intro to SW Emer' adventure (I can only slave over those Haalk adventures so long before I need a break). The adventure will be 8-12 pages long and will be offered on RPGNow as a separate item.

That sounds great!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1485 on: March 28, 2019, 01:32:52 PM »

Nooooooooooooooo.....................   :cry2:

Why God, Why??????????????
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1486 on: March 28, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »

Well, if it keeps Terry sane for a few more years we should probably just quietly accept it as a necessary part of the process.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1487 on: March 29, 2019, 04:19:51 AM »

LOL! It's only for a week or so! I'll probably be back at Haalkitaine this weekend.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1488 on: March 29, 2019, 06:33:56 AM »

Well, if it keeps Terry sane for a few more years we should probably just quietly accept it as a necessary part of the process.

You're probably right.

But what if it's the insanity that helps him create all these amazing worlds?  All those voices in his head collaborating on these fine projects.  No wonder it seems like he does the work of 5 people.  There are 4 other voices in his head helping him out!

The secret is revealed.  The curtain has been pulled back. :D

Quote from: Terry K. Amthor link=topic=13114.msg228463#msg228463

LOL! It's only for a week or so! I'll probably be back at Haalkitaine this weekend.

Whew.  Just a week  My credit card is still sitting here on the counter awaiting the announcement!
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1489 on: March 30, 2019, 06:08:00 AM »
Just sent off the ms for the Emer Adventure to my editor, so back to Haalkitaine! (And a few quick layout drawings, and a little art-direction project).

I really want to finish the major revisions of Emer I and Emer II at some point... a lot already done, and they badly need new editions... maybe after Emer IV. Then Emer would soon be complete!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1490 on: March 30, 2019, 10:27:24 AM »
I also need to update my web site at some point. When I have some free time.  :o ::) ;D
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1491 on: March 30, 2019, 08:29:34 PM »
But what if it's the insanity that helps him create all these amazing worlds?  All those voices in his head collaborating on these fine projects.  No wonder it seems like he does the work of 5 people.  There are 4 other voices in his head helping him out!

This would explain why he jumps from book to book as he works. o.O

Voice #1 "Today we work on Haalkitaine"

Voice #2 "No, it's Emer II!"

Voice #3 "Am I the only practical voice in the head?. It needs to be Emer IV, new region means new cash flow."

Voice #4 "I need caffeine, or I go on strike."

Just for the record I work pretty much exactly the same way when it comes to games. I work on whatever aspect of the game that I am inspired to work on at that moment, so I jump around from project to project all the time. XD

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1492 on: March 30, 2019, 08:48:40 PM »

This would explain why he jumps from book to book as he works. o.O

Voice #1 "Today we work on Haalkitaine"

Voice #2 "No, it's Emer II!"

Voice #3 "Am I the only practical voice in the head?. It needs to be Emer IV, new region means new cash flow."

Voice #4 "I need caffeine, or I go on strike."

Just for the record I work pretty much exactly the same way when it comes to games. I work on whatever aspect of the game that I am inspired to work on at that moment, so I jump around from project to project all the time. XD

Actually, you have it pretty much right. And I have a list of ongoing projects taped to the side of the computer so I don't forget my options...  Ooooh! Emer II! So much new material, and adventures! And... Emer I!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1493 on: March 31, 2019, 09:56:45 AM »
Ooooh! Emer II! So much new material, and adventures! And... Emer I!

Either one, can't wait to see the results. One thing I would really like to see is more material on Lankan. One thing I noticed in the old books was the mention of three torcs which allowed entry to the Heart chamber, but their locations weren't specifically called out in later text as far as I could tell. Two of them are pretty obvious, but I wasn't sure about the third. More details on the captive prince would be nice too. It's heavily implied where he is imprisoned, there is a picture, but no specifics.

I might just be missing the info somewhere in the text. I handle those two books gently. Mine are from back when they were new, and they are mint.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1494 on: April 13, 2019, 12:06:25 PM »
Just completed the layout of the Emer IV adventure. Off to the editor for RMSS stats. Also awaiting one of Craig's wonderful illustrations. Now back to the Haalkitaine adventures... final stretch... then back to the main Emer IV book, promises to rival Emer III.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1495 on: April 13, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »
I can't wait for Emer IV! Having the whole continent mapped out is going to be so cool.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1496 on: April 29, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »
I just bought the new edition of Jaiman, and wanted to say that there were a couple of things I really liked about it:

--I love the illustrations of the races. I can finally show my players a picture of a Qaidu!
--The new maps are good as well; the one I can give to my players is very helpful.

Those are just two things I got from my initial 10 minute skimming of the book. I am excited to delve more deeply!

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1497 on: June 22, 2019, 09:08:10 AM »
Yay! forums are back!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #1498 on: June 22, 2019, 04:54:04 PM »
Shhh! You will ninx it!
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1499 on: July 08, 2019, 10:44:38 AM »
Have been ill but back at at work. The mini-adventure is waiting on an illustration, meanwhile I am finishing the Haalk. revision and working on the Emer IV ms.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.