Author Topic: rules for playing non-standard races  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
rules for playing non-standard races
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
I'm looking at running a game set in Atland, see www.realmofatland.com for the webcomic if you're not familiar with it... anyways, so I'm wondering if anyone has let a PC play a Minoraur before and thoughts on game play and balance. Looking through the few character generator spreadsheets et al, I see that there's functionality for creating pixies, lizardmen and some other "odd" races but not the minotaur.
Ooo, that's gonna leave a mark...

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: rules for playing non-standard races
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:38:52 PM »
The minotaur is essentially nothing more than a large human with a bull's head. This could give him a charging type of attack or allow him to gore other with the horns (problem being having to bend over to make such attacks, and vision problems from running/attacking while all bent over).

But other than that, a minotaur is essentially like a human.

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »
Rasyr

thanks! That gives me something to work with then...

another 'race' that I was thinking of allowing would be a half-giant... what I'm thinking would be a humanoid about the size of Andre the Giant. :) Any suggestions for that?

The minotaur is essentially nothing more than a large human with a bull's head. This could give him a charging type of attack or allow him to gore other with the horns (problem being having to bend over to make such attacks, and vision problems from running/attacking while all bent over).

But other than that, a minotaur is essentially like a human.

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »
Express Additions #4 has the Aesyr, who stand between 7 and 8 feet tall.

And the Guild Companion has Rolemaster Companion I on sale and that has the Great Man, another large human-like race. (between 8 and 9 feet tall, IIRC)

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 11:15:25 AM »
I just got the RoCOI the other day but havent had time to read thru it yet.
Sounds like the Great Man might be the way to go. :)
Thank ya Rasyr!

or