Author Topic: Authors/Writers  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Authors/Writers
« on: August 06, 2008, 08:28:32 AM »
Am I wrong in my impression that its only Terry writting/working on ShadowWorld atm?
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Authors/Writers
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »
No, you are not wrong. Shadow World is Terry's baby, so to speak, and ICE is respecting that. Even though ICE owns the rights and could have others working on it, we aren't and most likely won't.

Of course, nothing is set in stone either, and ICE and/or Terry may decide to change it somewhere down the line.

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:45:23 AM »
For obvious reasons, I suspect most of the Kulthean Fanatics are quite happy with that setup, even if it makes up gnaw at every scrap we can find between the books.  ;D
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »
Well i hope that someday Terry will find someone who understands his "idea" of SW, and would add something. That would mean that the production of books will double, and god knows we need that. In fact, i will risk to say that he is open to new ideas.

But , by the moment no one who has done something "professional" with SW has been able to reach the "feeling" around Khultea.

There are some books that are really close, Norek for example is great and has this feeling.
Nicholas and Vroomfogle has been IMHO the best man to help Terry to make greater SW. There are a lot of thing that we can do to play with, and maybe Terry could use. Maybe we had to think something to help. I had decided to help the spanish translators. My english is not enough good to anything more ( i feel like a baby when i write with a very short vocabulary).

I am very happy to read Rasyr message. This seems to me a way to clear that ICE wants QUALITY, before perhaps other more profitable ways to carry the bussiness.

Maybe , if everyone can do anything in a proper way and not too much crazy, with serious selfcriticism , someone will do something that Terry would aprove.

For example: look at this topic, kmanktelow has done a star map really useful that i think Terry could use( IMHO).
http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=7028.0

FAC has also done interesing things, specially for spanish readers...

Note that is just my opinion..and my little dream... ;D And i don't want to think about legal troubles, and egos...because it's too slippery to....

EDITED: Just found this new post ;look this work about Lethys , with maps and descriptions:
http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=7186.msg93106#msg93106
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 04:23:47 PM by Vince »

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:28:45 AM »
Indeed getting the right "feel" for a setting is important and all to often you experience sourcebooks slightly falling outside that "feel". So in that regard its not a bad idea with only one writer.
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 12:40:58 PM »
I'd only  like to see "new blood" working on SW if Terry has strict editorial control of what projects they are working on. Maybe they take projects he's got worked up but not finished & help finish those projects so Terry can focus on his main projects.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax