Author Topic: Firearms  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Firearms
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:07:50 PM »
Been toying with campaign ideas for RMC, and ran into some questions which I hope you (the experts) can help me with answering.

1: Firearms. Where would I go to find rules for primitive firearms (flintlocks) for RMC?
2: Mass combat. Have ICE made any mass combat rules for RM, and if where can I find them?

/Thanks
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
Re: Firearms
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:23:57 PM »
RMSS Weapons Law: Firearms
RMSS: Pulp
RM2: Pirates
RM2: Outlaw
RM2: At Rapier's Point

For comprehensive blackpowder rules, Firearms is the only book ... Pirates has some very simple rules; Outlaw is based around the American West, and is thus set about 200 years later than Pirates; and Pulp is set at the turn of the 20th Century

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:46:20 PM »
Thanks, do these rules work with RMC?

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 07:42:03 PM »
Yeah they would. The combat systems of RMSS and RMC are quite similar or require little adaption what so ever.
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 05:38:12 AM »
The combat systems were unchanged ... so any of these would work for any edition ...

Offline ictus

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Even in the face of Armageddon......
    • RealRoleplaying
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 08:55:44 AM »
Firearms does need some changes as the points of damage done are excessive, and don't reflect the way they worked in SM1, and thus RMC, other than that and no I don't have an equation for you, it will work very well.

You can Vote for rpgRM here: http://www.rpggateway.com/cgi-bin/wyrm/rate.cgi?ID=11535
"White space is to be regarded as an active element, not a passive background" ...Jan Tschichold

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 02:03:56 PM »
Ten Million Ways to Die also has musket attack tables, although only two.  One for pistols, the other for musket "rifles".

Fire Arms Law breaks down muzzle energy into 29 attack tables, plus 20 shotgun tables.  Basically, you would use the first 8 ME tables routinely, with tables 9-12 for the best muskets.  Since muskets are really just smooth bore shotguns, you could use those tables too.  Probably SG 1-9.  There are some neat and simple rules for increasing/decreasing damage by shot used.

The higher ME and SG tables wont be of much use, though ME 29 could easily simulate a cannon, as SG 20 could simulate grape shot.

TMWTD has condensed tables for all weapons, muskets and modern and space, and melee and missile, so I prefer it in cross over games.  In addition, the damage on those tables is much more in tune with RM2 attack tables, though it doesn't bother me that a .50 cal machine gun on table ME 29 delivers well over 200 hits against AT 1.  It IS a freaking anti vehicle weapon, really.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 06:56:14 AM »
Finally gotten a copy of Weapon Law: Firearms (wasnt easy to find here).

I may be a newb to this but I cant figure this Body Armor vs AT out. The weapon tables for firearms seems similar to the ones in the Armslaw book. But what AT does Body Armor have?

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 11:19:05 AM »
AT I, II, III and IV, on the back of each attack table.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 11:28:52 AM »
Doh! I am soo embarrassed :-[