Author Topic: Professions  (Read 2369 times)

Offline SnowDog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Professions
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:45:30 AM »
Hi,

Current profession list seems quite comprehensive, I like that. I also like that there will be those fusion professions listed or maybe there will be just notes how to create them if needed. But what I don't want is an ever increasing amount of professions like there were in old Rolemaster (every companion had some new specialiced professions).

What I like is to have a list of professions that is comprehensive and that those professions are flexible enough that they can be used for various purposes. For example I have understood that Spy is a good choice if you want to create a character similar to SM2 Criminalist or if you want a hacker you choose Tech profession.

Anyway, so far so good...
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."

- Full Metal GM

Offline allenrmaher

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Professions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 07:46:44 PM »
I am integrating the HARP Martial arts rules and monk profession with this.  Psi-Shaolin-Monks who battle an organization preaching a false nirvana through AI with cyber minions... and the players just happen to stumble into the middle of it.  Big trouble in Because You know it has to happen

Episode One:  Big Trouble in Shangri-La
Episode Two:  Rupa-Loka in flames

Grad School, it's like slave labour, but without the job satisfaction or high social status.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 05:17:27 AM »
I certainly don't have plans to create more professions. The Fusions went in by popular demand.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 03:07:28 PM »
And thank you for the fusions.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline SnowDog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 04:56:52 AM »
OK, sounds good. On the other hand it's a bit different thing than in Rolemaster where every skill had different cost per profession and thus the whole thing was more complicated than in HARP (SF).
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."

- Full Metal GM

Offline allenrmaher

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 12:50:17 PM »
I certainly don't have plans to create more professions. The Fusions went in by popular demand.

I doubt there is much need for too many more professions.  You can cobble together a modern (current era) game using a combination of the profs from HARP and HARP SF... of course some may need to be renamed, but not many.

Grad School, it's like slave labour, but without the job satisfaction or high social status.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »

I doubt there is much need for too many more professions.  You can cobble together a modern (current era) game using a combination of the profs from HARP and HARP SF... of course some may need to be renamed, but not many.

Well spotted.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme