Author Topic: RMC Character Generator Spread Sheet Version 1.0RC2 **UPDATE**  (Read 14431 times)

iAlchemie

Re: RMC Character Generator Spread Sheet Version 1.0RC2 **UPDATE**
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 03:31:01 PM »
Great news! I look forward to the next build.

Offline northrundicandus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Knights & Knaves
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2007, 04:40:01 PM »
This is a very cool piece of freeware! Thanks so much for your hard work Allen!

I've been working on customizing a template for my new campaign, and I've come across a small head-scratcher. In the Data tab, in the Cultures section, whatever is entered into the Language 1 and Language 2 columns shows up as a properly named field in both the Purchase Skills tab and the CS2 tab; i.e., if I replace "Racial" with "Dwarvish" then the rest of the sheet is properly updated. But this same behavior doesn't happen with the Language 3 and 4 columns on the data sheet. No matter what I place here, I'm stuck with a Language:________ (W) or (S) field, rather than what you get with Language columns 1 or 2. Am I missing something on how this is supposed to work? Ordinarily I wouldn't sweat it but I currently have 8 of 13 cultures that start with 3 initial languages, and 1 that starts with 4, so having this data carry over like the first two language columns handle this would be sweet.

Just to rule out anything goofy in my own new Template, I selected Sample Culture 3 from the default Version 1.0 RC2 template, which has the Language 3 and 4 columns populated, but whatever is there doesn't carry over to the Purchase Skills Tab or CS2 Tab.

Thanks again for your efforts with this.

http://knights-n-knaves.com/phpbb/index.php

Offline northrundicandus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Knights & Knaves
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2007, 04:54:15 PM »
Also in Version 1.0 RC2, one of the General Options controls has "proffesion" rather than "profession."
http://knights-n-knaves.com/phpbb/index.php

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2007, 01:00:35 PM »
I got the last update and I have to say, I really like it a lot!
I'd like to be able to add some more skills to the list and professions, and being a goober I'm nore sure how to go about doing that myself. :)
I give it 2 thumbs up and have recomended it to my players. :)

~A
Ooo, that's gonna leave a mark...

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland

Offline fiolnir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 11:36:36 AM »
I was wondering how I can use this sheet as a "blank form" to enter in characters without using the "generator" part? For example, the "Character Sheet" tab at the bottom that lays out your your character sheet... how can this be used to just manualy fill in the blanks without getting messages or gibberish?

Offline linnorm

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2008, 11:30:18 AM »
*BUG*

I'm using the 1.0RC2 version of the sheet and I'm getting an error when I purchase skills.  The problem appears to be in the hit point section of the purchase_skills() subroutine.  The variable receiving the hp total is CS1.getCellRangeByName("hit_roll_total").Value and should be Skills.getCellRangeByName("hit_roll_total").Value.  I've made this change to my copy and it works fine.  I've run into this with both OpenOffice 2.3 (I think that's the right version.) and StarOffice 7.
Linnorm