Author Topic: WEAPON DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS  (Read 739 times)

Offline mrfantastic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
WEAPON DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS
« on: March 23, 2023, 08:06:50 AM »
I have an alchemist in my campaign and he want to make a x2 damage sword but in the manuals i dont find any cost for that ability, i checked in character law, rm 1 and alchemy companion but nothing about damage multiplier, anyone know how i can handle this ? ty in advance

Offline brole

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: WEAPON DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 10:21:02 PM »
If you check in Alch Comp there is a list called Multipliers that can create a double damage item.
I think guild lists are meant to be super powerful, requiring special rituals, research, materials etc.
It would raise the item level, possibly to artifact status.
e crits all round

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 10:21:11 PM »
RM2’s Arms Companion had Mercury Filled Weapons at 1.5x damage for 10-15x costs, just as a start.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 11:49:48 PM »
The "Treasure Companion" sets the "greater concussive damage" (damage x2) as a weapon IV effect (so your alchemist needs to be able to cast the level 20 "Weapon IV" spell), and the "superior concussive damage" (damage x3) as a weapon V effect (so your alchemist needs to be able to cast the level 60 "Weapon V" spell).
Though it doesn't mention anything about a x4 or x5 damage multiplier, one may deduce them to be respectively weapon VI (level 90 spell) and weapon VII (level 100 spell) effects.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 12:15:59 AM »
RM2’s Arms Companion had Mercury Filled Weapons at 1.5x damage for 10-15x costs, just as a start.

Oh yes, someone had read some Gene Wolfe I think.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline nash

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 12:26:12 AM »

I seem to remember those weapon crafting rules were pretty much the most broken rules in RM2.  And that is saying something.  I seem to remember managing to build a weapon with well north of a +100 bonus.