Author Topic: Swimming  (Read 884 times)

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Swimming
« on: November 22, 2019, 05:07:44 PM »
Where are the rules for drowning?
No pre-written adventure survives contact with the GM.

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Swimming
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 12:47:55 AM »
RM2 has them in one of the later companions, I believe. But essentially, you have a number of rounds 12 plus Con bonus, or just Con bonus, and after that, you make maneuver rolls of progressing difficulty to avoid unconciousness.

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 02:42:32 AM »
Thanks for the pointer! I was able to find them in Companion VII. There's even a handy dandy critical hit chart.

Did it really take that long for ICE to realize that people in fantasy games sometimes drown???
No pre-written adventure survives contact with the GM.

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 12:39:05 PM »
Thanks for the pointer! I was able to find them in Companion VII. There's even a handy dandy critical hit chart.

Did it really take that long for ICE to realize that people in fantasy games sometimes drown???
It took long enough that I was just reading the home-brew rules I used way back. It appears they also never got to how fast you swim, or anything else.
We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 07:50:51 AM »
Have a look at this thread too.  http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=19470.0

You may find some of the info in there helpful as well.  There's info on drowning, suffocation, and death.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!