Author Topic: Posters on RPGNow?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Posters on RPGNow?
« on: June 04, 2015, 03:56:42 AM »
I've noticed that a few products on RPGNow have "Poster" listed as a purchase option. Are these actual PoD posters? I haven't been able to find anything about them on the site.

If they are posters, I think there are a few Shadow World maps that would be nice to have as full size posters (I still have the lovely Emer and world maps from the boxed sets), such as those that previously were in the sets as such and cities and regions.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: Posters on RPGNow?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 01:40:29 AM »
I've noticed that a few products on RPGNow have "Poster" listed as a purchase option. Are these actual PoD posters? I haven't been able to find anything about them on the site.

If they are posters, I think there are a few Shadow World maps that would be nice to have as full size posters (I still have the lovely Emer and world maps from the boxed sets), such as those that previously were in the sets as such and cities and regions.

From what I can see in the publisher options the only 'poster' they offer is 12" x 18" (which is the max paper size of a high-speed color Xerox machine; the technology I suspect they are using). So obviously this isn't very useful for us.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 03:30:05 AM »
I was afraid that that was going to be the case, that "poster" actually meant "large picture" rather than a decent size.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 03:54:17 AM »
I was afraid that that was going to be the case, that "poster" actually meant "large picture" rather than a decent size.

I was excited too when you mentioned it and I found the 'cards & posters' option in the publisher area of RPG now. However, as far as I know, there is yet  to be an economical way to print large format economically except via offset, which require high volume. Most retail poster printers charge around $5 a square foot.
We'll be including a poster-size (roughly 20 x 30") PDF of Sel-kai with Eidolon that you can take to a local shop and have your own poster printed on nice heavy paper.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 04:54:23 AM »
That's why I hadn't found the details; I hadn't looked in the Cards section.

It looks like AllPosters do bigger sizes. They don't look that cheap, though, and I don't know anything about the site really.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 03:37:51 PM »
Years ago I had a 24"x36" photograph printed out... if you have good quality image you want made into a poster you might be look at that option.  Only cost me $10 at Costco (although it was about 12 years ago).
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 09:51:55 AM »
Just a shame that RPGNow don't do a decent sized poster option. Yet, anyway.