Author Topic: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software  (Read 119788 times)

Offline damage

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2014, 02:01:09 PM »
First off, thank you for creating an awesome product! I bought the RMFRP tables when thay came out, and we used Minion in our last session...I and my group are totally sold on it. It was the smoothest, fastest combat we've ever run. We've been testing RMU Arms Law, but I'll be switching back to RMFRP for now.

I do have my wishlist of changes, of course, and I couldn't pick just 3...:)

* Keeping track of points put into parry

If a character puts 20 points of OB into parry, Minion should keep track of this as a DB bonus until the end of the round.

* User defined table modifiers (eg. to "stretch" a 150 max table to 200 or 250)

We've always played the RM2 optional rule for table wrapping...so that if you roll a 270 attack, for example, you get a 150 and a 120. Love to see this as an option. 

* Add The Armory and Arcane Companion tables

This would be great. Any plans to add Shadow World weapons like Kynac and Yarkbalka?

* Large creature criticals including Holy, Mithril, Slaying etc.

Yes please.

* Button to clear all PC wounds (and NPC wounds?)

This would be very useful.

* Resistance Rolls - new RR fields from chars, and dice rolls popup

Another table lookup done away with.

* Show active spells and duration remaining

Yes, but the key thing that would be useful is spell effects, like Bless, Shield, etc., and I suspect this would be complex.

Thanks again!

- David.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2014, 06:22:03 PM »
When there are injuries (negative modifiers) if there was a way to list "where" and "what type of injury".  An example would be "broken leg -75".  This is one of the things we need to keep track of for injury removal rolls.  Also I don't think when a critical says "+5" to your next swing that is in there.  I have been telling my players to add it to the roll, but it would be nice.

Weapon and Armor damage rules would be nice to have included as this could be tracked pretty easy by the program I would believe.

I was thinking about this the other day, my first thought was to simply have the option to include Critical descriptions(text) in the log.

Yes, that's right. There will be a new option that lets you choose the verbosity level of the Encounter Log. The upper level(s) will include the full critical narrative. The highest level should include all combat info.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »
First off, thank you for creating an awesome product! I bought the RMFRP tables when thay came out, and we used Minion in our last session...I and my group are totally sold on it. It was the smoothest, fastest combat we've ever run. We've been testing RMU Arms Law, but I'll be switching back to RMFRP for now.

I do have my wishlist of changes, of course, and I couldn't pick just 3...:)

damage, welcome to the ICE forums and great first post. Answers below.

* Keeping track of points put into parry

If a character puts 20 points of OB into parry, Minion should keep track of this as a DB bonus until the end of the round.

Note that regarding Defensive parry, since it's entered at the time the Defender is attacked, it should actually be "remembered" as a subtraction from the Defender's % Activity for the remainder of the round.

At the moment, the GM/players need to remember the % Activity used for each activity during the round, including parry. My group doesn't have a problem with this and it rarely becomes an important part. Generally the players/GM remember the limited number of chars during each round where % Activity is important (parry for example).

But I agree it would be a nice addition. I think it would need to be optional, because the last thing we want is to force the GM to enter % Activity for every action made by every combatant. It sounds like a personal preference type thing. Of course any % Activity system could include select boxes with standard Actions and their % Activity listed for ease of use.

* User defined table modifiers (eg. to "stretch" a 150 max table to 200 or 250)

We've always played the RM2 optional rule for table wrapping...so that if you roll a 270 attack, for example, you get a 150 and a 120. Love to see this as an option. 

This is easy to do right now. Just perform a second attack straight away, with 120 as the result.

* Add The Armory and Arcane Companion tables

This would be great. Any plans to add Shadow World weapons like Kynac and Yarkbalka?

No. But they could be added as user-supplied tables when that function is enabled. Note that I'm expecting people may wish to post their unique weapons on this forum for others to use (or critique?), in minion format. There could be a whole thread devoted to unusual/unique weapons in Minion format.

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2014, 09:15:39 AM »
The Kynac, Long Kynac, and Yarkbalka were weapons in the Character Law books of each generation bot from Shadow World... just to let you know
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »
Minion Update

We're getting close to the release of the extra attack tables. Progress report is that all tables from The Armory, Arcane Companion and Martial Arts Companion have been converted into Minion format and tested. I'm just waiting on the status of Fire and Ice tables data before releasing the new data file. The initial release will be for RMSS/FRP and it will be before this weekend (with or without F&I). The new data file for RM2/Classic will be released the following week.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2014, 10:47:15 PM »
I'd like feedback please. The "Comet Hammer" table from The Armory lists the results for AT5 as follows. You can see there are a few "-A" results which look suspiciously like typos. At least I don't remember seeing any other tables which have crits but no concussion hits. Can anyone comment on this?

AT5
25E
24E
23E
22E
21E
20D
20D
18D
17D
16D
15C
13C
12C
11C
10C
9B
8B
7B
6B
5B
4A
-A
-A
-A
-A
-A
-
-

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:38 PM »
IMHO that is an error.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline damage

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2014, 01:21:26 AM »
Looks like a typo to me.

- David.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2014, 02:34:46 AM »
...and ...assuming it is an error, does anybody have errata? a corrected version anyone?

Offline adanost

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Sailin' the waves
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2014, 03:00:33 AM »
If this is a typo it comes all the way from the printed The Armory, and as far as i know there was no published errata to the Armory.
Ricard
Devoted GM

Offline Moostik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster GM since 1993.
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2014, 03:41:12 AM »
Strange. But I checked the armory book and pdf table again now, and the data is correct (the typo, if it is a typo, is printed in the final pdf version and the book).
Comparing the table with similar weapons, the -A's should be treated as 4A's all the way down, except the last one, that should be just 4.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2014, 03:49:57 AM »
So I'll use 4As and a 4, unless anybody tells me otherwise.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2014, 10:46:53 AM »
Rolemaster Combat Minion - NEW RELEASE

v1.3 (11 Apr 2014) Companion Tables Release for RMSS/FRP
   - added tables to the RMSS/FRP licensed tables data file from the following companion products:
         Arcane Companion
         Fire & Ice Elemental Companion
         Martial Arts Companion
         The Armory

- numerous other improvements

INSTRUCTIONS
These are for RMSS/FRP License holders only. To install the new tables, simply re-use your original License # and License Key. Go to the options menu at the top-right of the Minion app and choose "Install Licensed Tables".

The RM2/Classic tables data file will be upgraded in approximately one week, in the next software release.

A reminder that licenses for the ICE Rolemaster tables data for Minion can be purchased here:
www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?keywords=rolemaster+combat+minion

Many thanks to Moostik and Shorn who put all of the companion data into Minion format.

Offline Moostik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2014, 05:57:37 PM »
Awesome. This is great. Thank you Merkir.
Thanks to Dakadin as well for supplying us with the Armory tables.

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2014, 10:50:27 PM »
Thanks for the great update, but I have a question.  I noticed that there is no Nerve Strikes or Locking Holds attacks.  The critical tables were in the Martial Arts companion, but I cannot find the Attacks.  I probably just missed them.

I know it is a Martial Arts strike with Nerve critical and a Martial Arts sweep with Locking Holds critical so that may be the issue.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2014, 11:06:35 PM »
I have not bought it yet, so I have not looked, but are the Channeling Companion "Holy Spell" and "Holy Weapon" normal sized crit charts in there?  If not, I still have the raw files we originally submitted them with.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2014, 12:08:14 AM »
Thanks for the great update, but I have a question.  I noticed that there is no Nerve Strikes or Locking Holds attacks.  The critical tables were in the Martial Arts companion, but I cannot find the Attacks.  I probably just missed them.

I know it is a Martial Arts strike with Nerve critical and a Martial Arts sweep with Locking Holds critical so that may be the issue.

Yes, they are skills, without separate attack tables. You will need to read the MA companion to see how they work.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2014, 12:43:03 AM »
I have not bought it yet, so I have not looked, but are the Channeling Companion "Holy Spell" and "Holy Weapon" normal sized crit charts in there?  If not, I still have the raw files we originally submitted them with.

Yes. To use them (assuming you've purchased the tables ;)), when you get your normal weapon result, like "7BS", just replace the "S" with "hw" (the code for Holy Weapon crit), to make it "7Bhw". It then gives you the result from the Holy Weapons table instead. Similarly for Holy Spells the crit code is "hs". This is working right now.

All of the regular crit codes are listed in a pop-up from the attack panel. The large/super large crit tables are actually in the data file but not listed in the pop-up yet. The reason for this is they are still on the ToDo list to get them working in the software. The only reason they don't work right now is that they are the open-ended crit tables. I assume it should be an easy upgrade when I get around to it.

Offline Moostik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2014, 09:08:06 AM »
similarly, replace st and sw with nv and lk respectively, on those strikes and sweeps attack results, to reflect nerve strikes and locking holds as described in the book.

Offline tulgurth

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »
OK ICE I see how it goes...I disappear for a few weeks due to work and when I return I find the voting for additional items for Minion, but my luck tells me, "Sorry Voting has been closed".   JEEEESH !!~!!!!   LOL

Although I know the important things for me will eventually make it into Minion, Fumbles and Spell Failures.  Although I would like to see to an alternative combat round to reflect that of CEATS II for RMSS.  Spell results lookup would be nice too.  There are my top 3 that I would like to see.