Author Topic: "Rolemaster Utilities" Android app  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
"Rolemaster Utilities" Android app
« on: July 09, 2011, 05:20:01 AM »
Hi,

I have created a small Android app called "Rolemaster Utilities" offering some tools for RM GMs and players.

Currently implemented are:
- a simple dice roller: rolls a d10 or d100 on the press of a button
- treasure generation: Enter the monster's treasure code(s) and with one button press the program rolls what loot the monster leaves. It uses the RMSS/RMFRP rules for treasure generation from Treasure Companion. Not all tables are yet coded into the program, but it should usually do more than 90% of the dice rolling involved and leave only small parts to the GM.

If you have ideas what else could/should be implement, just post it in this thread. I must admit that I created the app to solve some problems we had in our group (e.g. we never used the treasure generation rules because they involved so much dice rolling and table loopups). But I might also add features suggested by others, especially if we can make use of the new features also in our group.

Thanks to Thom and John for allowing me to publish this app on the Android Market.

Cheers

Offline Mordenkainen

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: "Rolemaster Utilities" Android app
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 05:55:15 AM »
Looks great!

Does it do open-ended rolls?

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 07:37:33 AM »
Looks great!
Thanks  ;D
Does it do open-ended rolls?
The dice roller? Not yet. Don't know how to visualize this in a good way. Best thing which comes to my mind would be displaying the d10 dice "1" , "5" and "7" for a result of 157 and a "-" plus "2" and "8" for a low-open-ended roll of -28. Other ideas?

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 04:38:50 PM »
In the new version v1.0.1 I have added support for open-ended rolls in the dice roller. I have used the visualization outlined above.