Author Topic: Med Tech for SM2  (Read 2511 times)

Offline TerryTee

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Med Tech for SM2
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:15:30 AM »
Hi.
I?ve always been a bit frustrated with the lack of procedures for how wounds are treated in SpaceMaster2. There are some descriptions, but not a lot.
I?ve created a procedure and some house rules to go with it. It?s only been play tested a little, and some details are missing or needs adjustment.
Some of the points I?m trying to incorporate are:
?   A high total on Med Scann should give a bonus for Med Tech.
?   You should be able to use Med Tech both with or without Medical Diacnostics.
?   A high total on Medical Diacnostics should give a bonus for Med Tech.
?   Time spent on Med Scan should give a bonus to the scan
?   Time spent on Medical Diacnostics should give a bonus to the diagnostics skill
?   Wound severity should affect all skills involved, making a severe wound harder to fix
?   Ideally time spent on scan or diagnostics should also give a potential larger bonus to Med Tech, but I have not found a good representation for this yet

Wound severity bonus to all skills:
Light    +10
Medium    0
Severe -10

The picture shows the procedure.
Start off with the left most action (Med scan) and move to the right. Insert input bonuses into each action. Some inputs comes from the ?out side? while other input is output from the previous action.
The player can choose to use diagnistics or not, to Med Tech is on the chart twice.

Any thoughts?

-Terry
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:21:49 AM by TerryTee »

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Med Tech for SM2
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »
 Yes but I have to be brief and will post more after I have some more time.

1) There need to be a mod for Tec level for actions
2) Tech level should have a max result for some actions
3) Tech levels could even change the "difficulty" of a task. IE healing a broken bone may be a hard maneuver at one tech and a easy maneuver at another tec.
4) In that past I have always looked to other RM products as a guide for healing in SM, mostly Spell Law. I know there are some good rules in the School of Hard Knocks to suppliment or replace the rules in SL.

I am going to nedd some time to get my SM2 hat on so if I give you a SM:P or a RMSS answer plaese call me on it.

MDC

Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline TerryTee

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 12:22:17 AM »
The procedure needs some support tables and data:
-   Static action bonuses
-   Wound severity (difficulty)
-   Time spent on task
-   Equipment complexity
-   Equipment bonus

As you say, Tech Level should be a factor, but I don?t really play with Tech Levels so I have not factored it in. But yes, Tech Level can move the severity up or down, change the equipment bonus or the equipment complexity. Tech Level will also impact the recovery period.

For standard SM2 I suppose Med Tech with field equipment and Medical Practice with surgical equipment could be viewed as two different tech levels.

-Terry

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:47:43 AM »
 It all seems good to me but I like to test it in game just to be sure. I allways tell my players that this is a test and it may change as we go. And see just how it goes along.

1) Also you may have the standard mod for alien races or hard to heal races if they are in the database or not.
 2) You have to creat a value for each med device and the bonus it provides.

MDC

Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.