Author Topic: Monster DB Stats  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Matthias

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Amulet of the Illuvari [HARP Campaign]
Monster DB Stats
« on: June 16, 2008, 04:30:11 PM »
I am in the process of converting a couple on adventures from other systems as well and adjusting monster stats/weapons to be in line with the CCS from HARPer's Bazaar 11. This question struck me:

Take Kobolds for instance. They do not have the Shield Training talent, but there DB Stat breakdown is listed as: DB ? +10 Stats; +30 Rigid Leather; +20 Target Shield. Wouldn't they need Shield Training Talent in order to receive the full +20 from the Target Shield?

They way I read it, a standard Kobold under the CCS would have a DB of +30 (+10 stats, +15 Rigid Leather (after adjustment), +5 Untrained Target Shield).

Close?

I am just assuming not all Kobolds are masters with their shields. Taskmasters and Captains would most likely be considered trained and receive the full bonus as could the occasional Kobold here or there, but for all of them to receive feels a bit too powerful across the board.
:: The Amulet of the Illuvari :: A HARP Campaign

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Monster DB Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 05:02:51 PM »
Monsters are all written as Fighters, unless specifically stated otherwise. As a Fighter, they have the Shield Training Talent, it is part of the profession.