Author Topic: Stunned, Unable to Parry + Stun Relief == What?  (Read 7412 times)

Offline Rivstyx

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • rivstyx
Re: Stunned, Unable to Parry + Stun Relief == What?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 09:32:06 AM »

This confusion really only applies to fumble tables since the critical tables have the symbols that tell you what to apply.  The ever amorphous star shaped symbol for stun works nicely :)

No, that is only in RMSS/FRP.  RMC charts have no symbols. This is RMC forum.
true. forgot this was the RM2 forum :(

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 09:36:10 AM »
I've got a few versions of AL, none of them have 115 text pages, which version were you quoting out of Riv? (There are like 10, I have 3, so it's not like I have even half of the versions.)
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Rivstyx

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • rivstyx
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 09:38:21 AM »
I guess in the examples given above (the groin injury) I would say you would be out COLD because of the groin injury while the foe would be unable to to act at all though to uncontrolable laughter, which cant be cured by stun relief

though maybe I just interprete too much

Yeah, I never would have applied stun relief to an out either because I never realized that laughing could be cured by an herb. Since out is a stun condition it appears that herbs can cure laughter.  I know some herbs that promote laughter but that is another story :)  

Offline Rivstyx

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • rivstyx
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »
I've got a few versions of AL, none of them have 115 text pages, which version were you quoting out of Riv? (There are like 10, I have 3, so it's not like I have even half of the versions.)

It was the RMSS one.  I will look up the actual version tonight when I get home.  I will also have to dig out my RM2 books in the big blue box and look at that version as well.  I believe the fact that there are so many versions of books is why we have the overall confusion sometimes.

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 11:00:57 AM »
Yeah, I never would have applied stun relief to an out either because I never realized that laughing could be cured by an herb. Since out is a stun condition it appears that herbs can cure laughter.  I know some herbs that promote laughter but that is another story :) 

The same argument would be true for curing the effects of a Sudden Light spell - where the character gets blinded - using a herb that cures Stun effects. You do sometimes encounter situations where the rules represent reality not to a 100%...

feanor

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 11:06:58 AM »
the way we use it playing RM2 first edition is:
stun reliefI remove 1 round of stun (any kind)

out follows same rules of stuns but needs Awakening spell.