Author Topic: Asymmetrical Piece Armor?  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Asymmetrical Piece Armor?
« on: May 17, 2018, 10:55:36 AM »
This one probably won't come up that much, but after watching one of Shad's videos about the fantasy barbarian, it got me wondering about how one would account for asymmetrical piece armor. In addition to barbarians, this would also be useful for gladiatorial scenes where each participant is only given enough equipment to keep the match interesting.

So for this question, I'm assuming armor pieces are usually sold or found in pairs: two pauldrons, two bracers, two greaves, two boots, two gauntlets. How would one change the stats for one of these sets usually found in pairs?

Thank you in advance.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Samzagas

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Asymmetrical Piece Armor?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 10:40:00 AM »
The quick solution would be to cut everything by half: half DB, half price, half weight and half production time.
Sadly, some pieces have and odd number or DB so they should give X.5 if you cut them in half. That is still usable, I'd just rule that the X.5 is worth X and the .5 only works for adding with other pieces.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Asymmetrical Piece Armor?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »
The quick solution would be to cut everything by half: half DB, half price, half weight and half production time.
Sadly, some pieces have and odd number or DB so they should give X.5 if you cut them in half. That is still usable, I'd just rule that the X.5 is worth X and the .5 only works for adding with other pieces.

That is essentially what I did, dropping any decimals from the final total. It worked fairly well. I even got that to work in AutoHarp, except AutoHarp didn't handle the decimals exactly as I wanted it to.