Author Topic: I am under fire...  (Read 1392 times)

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
I am under fire...
« on: August 25, 2015, 03:01:04 AM »
Here I sit in my apartment, double-barreled 10-gauge shotgun loaded with "slug" shells...

I had to come home through this, then get awakened with two more rounds of "shots fired"...

Sorry if my posts tonight are a little off...

Duke Manor Security Guard Shot Multiple Times

Duke Manor Security Guard Shot Multiple Times

I am ex-military in many fire zones....

Long time ago in a place far, far away...

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
Re: I am under fire...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:21:34 AM »
Living in an apartment you might want to invest in some ammo that doesn't go through walls.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Re: I am under fire...
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:03:57 AM »
Living in an apartment you might want to invest in some ammo that doesn't go through walls.

I have to agree.  But the only ammo I had for the only gun I have here are "slug" shells.

Have already invested into some "buck" shot and "bird" shot shells.

However, I am always of a soldier's mindset.  One shot, one kill, or two, or three...

Remember, although I went through the first six weeks of boot camp as Navy, I was pulled out and sent to Paris Island and finished another six weeks as a Marine (long story).  When I hear, or am awakened by gunfire, my first thought is, "Hoorah!  Death! to the enemy!" as I was trained.

To this day, I still do not know how they "drill" those reactions into us soldiers, but they do it so well, it lasts a lifetime.  I have been out of the military for 25 years, but my "gut" reactions are always as a "soldier", NEVER as a civilian.  Or as a "Marine."  Semper Fi!!

The only problem I have is that the security guard was also an ex-Marine; thus, he was also a "Brother."  He was also a "friend."  Fortunately, being an armed security guard, he also wore a flak jacket.  It was the only thing that saved his life.

Currently, he is still in ICU, but stable condition.  He will live, but rehab may present some problems.  I can only hope I can be here for him.  My job has given me a month's leave with pay.  Gotta love some companies who look out for their own.  Especially ex-military and their "brothers."

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.