Author Topic: Succor Talent  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Prydeson

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Succor Talent
« on: October 26, 2012, 07:05:38 AM »
Doubts emerged in our last session: if I've got the Succor (greater) talent, I can select 5 ailments from the list (all but one). Now:
1) can I heal myself?
2) when using the talent, all 5 ailments are applied at once? Or I have to chose the one I want to use in this specific use?
3) how long does it take? 1 round?

Thanks, but the description is not that clear!

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Succor Talent
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 08:26:28 AM »
1 - GM Call, but I have always permitted succor to be used on yourself.
2 - Each aspect (concussion hits, bleeds, constitution loss, broken bones, cartilage or nerve damage) are healed individually.  1 aspect per round (each round counts as one use of the ability and uses are limited per day)
3 - 1 round per application benefit
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Prydeson

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 12:02:51 PM »
Ok, thanks! This should be cleared in the description in future fixes.

Offline Jakob

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Otherland Bookshop - The No. 1 Adress for Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror and Role-Playing Games in Berlin, Germany
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 03:31:02 AM »
Ressurecting this thread because I'm re-reading the rules ... "Succor" seems awfully powerful at medium and highter levels ... I mean, at level 10 you can do significant healing ten times a day. Wouldn't that mean that most parties could be more or less healed up after every fight?

Offline Radimon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 10:00:25 AM »
Mostly, the issue is one of preference, perception, and circumstance. If you have a fighter who views himself as a holy knight, then Succor is entirely appropriate for the "laying on of hands" thing, as compared to learning spells to a level that it'll work through his heavy armor.

Plus, look at how many people are in the party, and how many fights they have in a given play session. If you end up in a small group (3 or 4 people), you might need the extra healing, especially if the cleric can't make it to a given session. If it's a big group (let's say 7 or 8, or even more!), each character can get 1 shot of healing, or 2 at the most. That sometimes isn't even enough to heal up after a single fight (especially if you roll poorly)!

So yes, at high levels, Greater Succor becomes a decent supplement to a cleric (or vivamancer), but it's not overpowering. I consider it on par with a rogue with the minor healing spell. Yes, it's nice to have, but it's not going to replace the main healer by a long shot!
Murphy's Law says 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.'

I think Murphy was an incurable optimist.