Author Topic: Running Spacemaster: Privateers with Fantasy Grounds II  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
Running Spacemaster: Privateers with Fantasy Grounds II
« on: September 04, 2012, 12:47:14 AM »
Didn't know if I should put this here or in the Fantasy Grounds Rulesets for ICE forum.

Either way lately our real life games been quite erratic and there forth I have been looking over the options of running the games online.

I am thinking about getting Fantasy Grounds II but are a bit hesitant since FGII don't have a Spacemaster: Privateers rule set. Anyone of you who uses FGII know if it is worth getting FGII to run a game not covered by a rule set yet? Have posted this at the FGII forum too but I wanted to give the ICE gamers a chance to give the input too.

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Running Spacemaster: Privateers with Fantasy Grounds II
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:33:16 AM »
Apparently table top forge is a google + app which I'm told has a little more flexibility than FG II. I've never used it myself but from what I've heard it might be worth looking into.

Offline bennis1980

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:06:56 AM »
Chorpa,

I played in a very entertaining Spacemaster game during the FGcon in July. The game was run by Dakadin, who is a very regular poster on the Fantasy Grounds RMC forum, and also has put huge work into developing the ruleset.

Fantasy grounds is very tweakable (if you have a bit of skill) and there is a fan RMFRP extension available which changes the stats and skill. A SM: Privateers game is definitely a possibility, and you will not be short of RM players to join your game (or players from other systems who want to give it a try)

I do suggest posting on the FG forum (under RMC ruleset) to ask about it before committing - you will find everyone supportive and friendly. I also guarentee that Dakadin will post back.

Here is the link for the FG forum:
http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Good luck,

bennis1980

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:28:06 AM »
Thanks for both replies. I have already asked the same question on the FGII Forums. Thought I mentioned it here but must have missed among all the tasks I was doing at the same time.  :confused:

I am gonna check out the Google+ option. After all Google+ is free. So it will come down to cost vs. what feels best.

One thing I did notice is that I am running XP at the moment since I laptop crashed on me a while back and FGII took forever to get it properly installed since it's so quirky on XP after the last updates. But once I got through that the problems seemed to stop. But the Demo didn't really let me do much to see how much I could customize FGII to suit my needs.

Offline bennis1980

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »
If you want to see more before you buy, I'm sure one of the lads with an ultimate licence could give you a quick tour of the software.

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:43:01 AM »
I've done a few tours of Fantasy Grounds.  The GM side of it is really impressive when you see how quickly table results can be found.  After playing Rolemaster for years flipping through tables, I can't imagine doing it that way since using Fantasy Grounds.  If you want to see if from the GM side of things, we can try to setup a time to do that.  Just send me a PM here or on the Fantasy Grounds forums.