Author Topic: Star Strike Questions  (Read 1446 times)

Offline sfsct

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Star Strike Questions
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
Hi, I am new to the forum.  I recently bought SS used on ebay.  When I opened my game I noticed a distinct lack of counters and record sheets.  I think I might be missing the Large vessels record sheet.  As for the counters, I only have two sheets.Could anyone help me out with that?  OR does anyone have XLS versions made.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Star Strike Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:08:05 AM »
I don't own this game, but I have dealt with a need for counters.  A good scan or photo copy, scissors and some card board to glue the paper counters too works real well.  If you have kids that love being crafty, just hand it to them like I do my 8 yr old  :)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
  On the back of my box it says 130 counters depicting vessel's, 240 utility counters (mines, torpedoes, etc) , 6 tactical maps, 2 % dice, SS book 96 pages, CBT Tables book 40 pages.
MDC

P.S. Enjoy the game.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline JimiSue

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:51:41 AM »
I am the proud custodian of a pretty much untouched box set of Star Strike (not mine, I am useless at that - it belongs to an OCD friend and I have it on semi-permanent loan, stored away on a top shelf waiting for a time of utmost need). We never used the counters when using it, so the sheets are intact. And there are only two of them. One (in colour) has 2x56 + 18 = 130 ship counters, and the other (in black and white) has 16x7x2 .... 224 utility counters. The 6 tactical maps are essentially A2 size hex grid sheets with a starry background (A2 - for our American friends, A4 is a standard sheet of writing/typing/printer paper, A3 is two of those laid side by side longways, and an A2 is two A3s laid longways). The Large vessel record sheet is pages 34 and 35 of the TaF book.

I do own a scanner as well - if you need I could probably scan and upload to the download section of the site, providing I can get the file size to a sensible level - full page full colour scans tend not to be easy on the MB. Especially if using the Enterprise's (TNG) stated bandwidth in one of its episodes - 300 baud ....