Author Topic: Rules query; how do characters learn lvl 50 closed and open lists?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Intrepidations

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something blindingly obvious, but how do you learn open and closed lists to 50.  By the learning portions no type of spell caster seems to get "e" type picks.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rules query; how do characters learn lvl 50 closed and open lists?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
There are two ways:
  • A pure spellcaster can select the open or closed list as part of his base lists,
  • You use the optional rules in section 10.8 (p31) of the SL (RM2-wise) that allows pure spellcasters to develop E picks for open lists at a cost of 2/* and for closed lists at a cost of 3/*, and hybrid spellcasters to develop E picks for open lists at a cost of 10 and for closed lists at a cost of 20. (In fact, according to the same rules, even semi-spellcasters would be able to develop E picks for open lists at a cost of 20...)
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Intrepidations

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rules query; how do characters learn lvl 50 closed and open lists?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:13:37 PM »
Thanks,
I must have missed the optional rule, I think I'll include it.
Cheers