Author Topic: Half-ogres?  (Read 848 times)

Offline Elton Robb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Master of Atlantis
    • The Atlantis Blog
Half-ogres?
« on: December 04, 2010, 12:04:57 PM »
Anyone has an idea about half-ogres?

I'm wondering about this, and checked Races and Cultures.  There's Half-orcs, but no half-ogres.
Personal Web Portfolio:
http://eltonatlantean.wix.com/portfolio
Deviant Art: http://atlantean6.deviantart.com/
Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=561541

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: Half-ogres?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »
There are half ogres in RoCo1 I believe, which you could convert.

You could likely simulate via a gigantism advantage, some stat mods, and an ugly/horrific appearance disadvantage.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
Re: Half-ogres?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
I have created a half ogre people for my world using the gift and balancing system from EA.
Stats are as pr. RoCoI (don't know if I'm allowed to just list them here) Hope you can use it :D

Hogreonere: (118) (Halfogres)

Hogreons are a mixture of ogres and man. Originating in the central regions of Cornia this people have spread far and wide though never in great numbers. They are a martial people and live to fight. Hogreon society is divided into to castes. The warrior caste and the shaman caste. The forst is for pretty much anyone. The latter is for those with an aptitude for magic. The shamans of Hogreon are the keepers of their history. They are almost exclusively shamanic alchemists. Hogreons tatoo themselves with magical tatoos which show not only your achievements but also your rank within Hogreon society. This is a society based only on merit. Family or past heroes count for nothing. The power of tatooing is closely guarded by the shamans who have access to the spell list organism skills from alchemy companion. (+10 points for extra base list). Hogreons are divided into tribes which are in turn ruled by a king. The king is found by trial of combat every seven years and anyone can join in the trials. Maiming without killing is considered evil and killing quickly and decisively is considered good. 

Resilient [15]: The character does not bleed much at all. Whenever he receives a wound that delivers Bleeding damage (i.e. hits per round). That damage is reduced by half (rounded down) before it is applied to the character. This means that a critical must inflict 2 hits per round of bleeding before it will affect the character at all.

Armored Skin [16]: Hogreons have tough hide giving them
a natural AT 3.

Iron Grip [20]: This ability allows the Hogreon to wield weapons that are two-handed for normal humans in one hand without a penalty. Additionally, all one-handed melee weapons have a fumble range of 01-02 for the Hogreon.

Great Heft [15]: Characters normally receive a -10 modifier for every 10% of their weight that they are carrying. The Great men, however, only receive a -5 modifier for every 10% of their weight that they are carrying.

Tough Hide [20]: Hogreons have leathery skin that provides them with an extra layer of protection against attacks. This grants them a +10 modifier to their DB.