Author Topic: Harn for RMC?  (Read 918 times)

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Harn for RMC?
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:00:55 AM »
After my recent foray into "Harn for HARP", I can't help but try to imagine this in RMC terms.  Most of it works very well, however I just can't imagine the Shek Pvar orders working as written.

It would be possible to make each Shek Pvar order using the rules in Spell Law 2.  However, there is a rule in Harn that says you can learn additional schools of magic until you know them all.  You can then undergo a ritual making you a Grey Mage.

The only way I can see this working is to change the setting.  (Make the Grey Mage a separate profession)
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Harn for RMC?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 09:12:46 AM »
Not necessarily

You would have 8 folios of spell lists. One for each profession (i.e. convocation), one for Neutral Spells, and one for Grey Spells.

Each Profession would have costs for Primary, Secondary, and  Tertiary, as well as Neutral (think of something along the lines of the extended spell list costs from Spell Law).

Upon reaching the point of "Becoming a Grey Mage", I would say that the ritual just changes the DP costs for their spell lists. I would think of it as more of a specialized Gift that alters the skill costs from that point forward. EA #11 already contains Gifts that alter skill costs, so this would just be another one -- one with special pre-requisites (have to know xx lists from each convocation to yy level, must be one of the Shek-P'var professions, etc).

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Harn for RMC?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 03:27:25 PM »
 :worthy: Brilliant.  That's why you get paid the big bucks.  ;D
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"