Author Topic: Guild Companion May 2010 (Issue 135)  (Read 1753 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Guild Companion May 2010 (Issue 135)
« on: May 07, 2010, 03:14:35 AM »
Greetings from the Guild Companion

The May issue is now available at http://www.guildcompanion.com

This month, we bring you three new spell lists for Rolemaster, variant rules for monster creation in HARP and the monthly update from GCP Ltd's workshops.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Guild Companion May 2010 (Issue 135)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 10:18:21 AM »
I enjoyed the issue and am glad things are moving on HARP SCI-FI.

I loved the new ranger spell lists but the Terrain Mastery Terrain Combat spell is a little over powered IMO. But I look forward to offering them in pace of the Ranger spell lists I have cut a long time ago.
MDC 
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 12:44:55 PM »
As I am one of those who are always moaning about Something wicked not getting enough attention I am happy to read about its progress and the plans on how it will be dealt with.
I have to say that I especially liked the part on Other projects as it sounds really great and really like the might be excellent things to come.
Will you also have a swing a Gryphon World or will GCP concentrate on Shadow World as a campaign world?
Very happy to read about the Adventurer and the Player's Guide! Almost do not dare to ask but is a colour hardcover also an option for the future or is that simply too difficult and possibly too expensive to print? Will definitely get the softcover and pdf version though.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 06:52:25 AM »
Will you also have a swing a Gryphon World or will GCP concentrate on Shadow World as a campaign world?

The Apprentices of the Guild are quietly building a trilogy of convention scenarios notionally set in the Shatterings of Gryphon World. We deliberately targeted that out of the way region as it keeps that project safely away from the key continents of Anias and Cyradon, and so nothing that the Apprentices come up with will cause any interference or disruption to Mjolnir's/ICE's mainline work in terms of the HARP and upcoming Rolemaster Cyradon line. That's our only quasi-project that touches Gryphon World.

GCP Ltd's current main setting push is to support Terry's efforts in revitalising Shadow World, although Shadow World will not be the only setting that we will be publishing for in the future.

Very happy to read about the Adventurer and the Player's Guide! Almost do not dare to ask but is a colour hardcover also an option for the future or is that simply too difficult and possibly too expensive to print? Will definitely get the softcover and pdf version though.

The Player's Guide is not intended to be a massive tome (as that would defeat the object of being a friendly introduction to Shadow World) so it's not a good target for hardcover printed format in terms of pagecount and associated price point for customers. We'll be sticking with pdf and softcover for now for GCP Ltd. products.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »
Very cool lists there as Ranger alternatives.  I like.