Author Topic: Anything new in 2010?  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Anything new in 2010?
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:15:31 AM »
Hey, ICE guys! Now that we know that TGC will be handling Something Wicked, The Construct Toolkit and HARP SF, will ICE be putting out anything to support HARP in 2010? I'm espescially interested in knowing about printed books, though even another Bazaar would be refreshing. Anything at all?
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Puin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RM2+RMC. Waiting for RMU!
Re: Anything new in 2010?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 05:22:49 AM »
Yep, I'm interested in news also.  :)

I already have all the HARP printed items, except the Annual and Cyradon.  ;D ;D

I'm about to start our first HARP RPG sessions, in two months or so, and I'm thinking in running it in TEoH background and so I'll buy the PDF HARP versions of it, since I don't find the printed ones in our local games stores.  :(

But some news, just to know that ICE it's still supporting this RPG line, would be GREAT. I don't want to make my RM players do some effort into adjusting to a new system (wich I think it seems GREAT) just to find it's already a dead end.

So surpise us and give us good news, huzza !!!  :party:

Offline masque1223

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 08:44:53 AM »
But some news, just to know that ICE it's still supporting this RPG line, would be GREAT. I don't want to make my RM players do some effort into adjusting to a new system (wich I think it seems GREAT) just to find it's already a dead end.
Well, with what is already out for HARP, it's pretty hefty.  I've been running my Cyradon game for going on 3 years now, and I still haven't used everything in the books that are out, let alone the Bazaars.  The fact that there ISN'T a constant treadmill of necessary supplements to buy is a STRENGTH of HARP in my opinion, not a weakness.

Offline Puin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RM2+RMC. Waiting for RMU!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 11:06:15 AM »
Well, let's say I'm not asking for more optional rules. We, as our RPG group, stopped at RMC IV   :D  and that was two companions more than necessary. Nowadays we are playing just RM 2nd edition, now RM Classic. In fact we don't want more optionals rules, except "Something Wicked". We are expecting it badly.

The Bazaars fills those needs with rules clarifications, NPCs fully developed from all professions with different approaches .... and so forth. In fact we stand that all the resources of that many RMC should been devoted to source books like Cyrdon and the like.

I'm just asking for new campaign, adventure or RTR moduls in Cyradon or whatever other setting ICE feels nice about it. More Shadow Word, TEoH, Hârn-like ... just new places or worlds where apply HARP.

Now, we are creating our own world discovering it as we play in it. But some all already done work modules ready to use and with some consistency over time and space would be xtra-great.

New job, a two year daughter and a garden to tend just leaves me with almost no spare time to design our future HARP campaign I'm GMing.

And it will show us that ICE it's still behind HARP.

Uuups, that's getting too long so I end it here until further explanation or comments.

BTW, I still think HARP is great and that's what worries me   :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:14:36 AM by Puin »

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 07:27:53 AM »
Tim is always open to taking submissions...ICE's plate is rather full right now I think...
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 07:40:24 AM »
Tim is always open to taking submissions...ICE's plate is rather full right now I think...

Forgive me, I really have no idea what ICE is working on right now and what they are busy with.  :) I'm just a guy who'd love to see a new book from his favorite system. Personally, I'm not in any place to do submissions of any kind. I'm an average gamer, not a freelancer.  ;D
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 08:36:53 AM »
I think there is a push in some other areas right now, but HARP is not on the "back burner", its more an issue of spreading man-power too thin by doing too much i think.  Just my opinion.  I am interested in freelancing however, and would be interested in hearing what you would like to see for HARP.  So, PM me with an idea or two if you wish!
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 02:44:09 PM »
I'm going to guess the answer is no... Oh well, at least TGC is keeping it alive!  :)

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 03:25:05 PM »
Not a whole lot to say. We have several new things planned for 2010 (including several modules that are sitting in the editorial queue), but with limited size and manpower, we cannot work on them until we get other things done (which I cannot talk about just yet), so there is no idea on exact dates, and I refuse to even speculate on dates for anything anymore (Murphy tends to go into overdrive when I do).

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 06:19:13 PM »
... and I refuse to even speculate on dates for anything anymore (Murphy tends to go into overdrive when I do).

Amen to that brother!
 ;)
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 07:34:03 AM »
Thanks for the info, Rasyr!  :)

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 07:35:15 AM »
Fingers crossed and thumbs pressed that everything goes better than well and quickly too!
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Jason

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 06:08:57 PM »
I think there is a lot of room for expansion on the Cyradon setting.  Adventure modules, setting books, rule expansions specifically tied to the setting, etc...

What about third party publishers?  HARP is a solid system and if we could get some third party publishers to create some material, new settings or setting expansions that would be a big boost.

I also do not want to see a massive amount of material released on a regular basis (like Pathfinder - though this is one of the things that drives Pathfinder's sales) but I could easily handle 1 product a month (especially if they were small products).

I am also not a PDF fan, I prefer printed products, and only purchase PDFs when necessary.

Jason