Author Topic: "Older books, I miss."  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Euforia

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
"Older books, I miss."
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »
 :-\

I have been playing Rolemaster since I was 12 (27 years ago). My Friends and I still play occasionally and its fun to remember the good old days. We use the basis of the earlier systems that were found in the book Rolemaster companions 1 - 7. We did not use combined packages, it was all the "long way". We got VERY detail oriented, and harbor great love for the game.

I'm curious, if since the bankruptcy if ICE has acquired any rights back from the books we love, RMC 1-7, Arcane Companion, and Spell-User's Companion. These were the stable for our rules, spells and guides. If any are available for PDF/Purchase, I can not find them.

I apologize if the is a duplicate posts or a common question, its my first time on forums in a greatly long time.

We even went so far in our quest to preserve the classics, we even duplicated the critical charts on Excel, filled them in from SL and CL (generation 1) and can print them any time we need!! Even worked on making our weapon charts go to 300 not 150) following the RMC rules for  "breaking 150" How's that for fanatical?  ROFL.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Euforia.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: "Older books, I miss."
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »
Rolemaster Companion I can be found here --> http://guild.ironcrown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=121&products_id=504

As for the other products, they are all multiple author products, with no real way of getting in touch with the vast majority of them, so there is no way, at this time, to re-acquire the rights.

Offline Euforia

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »
Thanks for the info, however it makes me sad that ICE lost some of the best materials and ideas that came to be in a long time!!

On another note,  I have TONS of projects I've done on Excel, for example. I manually entered all the herbs I could find, arranged them by climated code, and made a nice and easy to use list. It includes price, how hard to find, and even a few we made up. Where and how can I share these if I chose?

Thanks again.

Euforia

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:37:58 PM »
http://www.ironcrown.com/index.php?page=cinfo/ip

Anything beyond what it says there requires approval.