Author Topic: RM2 Adrenal Defense and Tumbling Attack  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Syndhorn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RM2 Adrenal Defense and Tumbling Attack
« on: August 29, 2009, 06:24:03 AM »
Hallo,
I have a couple of questions regarding RM2 skills:
1) Adrenal Defense - RMCII,23. Does the bonus per level actually apply to this skill ? (at levels 10-20 for example you can put just 1 costly rank in the skill and still benefit from a decent increment in DB coming from the bonus per level)
2) Tumbling Attack - RMCII, 41. Once you have 100% in it you basically always attack with full OB and compel your target to make an orientation roll or be stunned ? It seems exceptionally powerful to me.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RM2 Adrenal Defense and Tumbling Attack
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 07:54:55 AM »
1) Adrenal Defense - RMCII,23. Does the bonus per level actually apply to this skill ? (at levels 10-20 for example you can put just 1 costly rank in the skill and still benefit from a decent increment in DB coming from the bonus per level)

This skill adds its skill rank bonus to DB. For ranks 1-10, that is a +5; for ranks 11-20, that is a +2, etc..

In RoCoII, Adrenal Defense is listed as a Concentration skill, and thus if the profession gets a level bonus in that category of skills, so would Adrenal Defense (making it much more powerful). And don't forget that level bonuses stop at level 20.

2) Tumbling Attack - RMCII, 41. Once you have 100% in it you basically always attack with full OB and compel your target to make an orientation roll or be stunned ? It seems exceptionally powerful to me.

Once you have a Tumbling Attack skill bonus of 100 or higher, you get to use your full OB, yes.

However, that still requires that you make a successful Tumbling Attack maneuver roll, and the Difficulty of that maneuver roll is determined by the GM.

An Orientation roll is nothing more than a Perception maneuver. And it is the GM who sets the difficulty of this maneuver roll as well.

This means that a foe who sees you Tumbling towards him is likely to have to make a Routine Orientation roll, where if you Tumble towards a foe from his rear flank, that foe might have to make a Very Hard Orientation Roll.

As for the foe being stunned, he isn't really stunned, he is just treated as being stunned as a method of handling the "surprise" since you caught him "flat-footed".

Offline Syndhorn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RM2 Adrenal Defense and Tumbling Attack
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »
Thanks for the usual prompt answer.
I will leave Adrenal Defens unmodified in my games. Though I will forbid the use of Tumbling Attack as it, expecially in conjunction with martial arts multiple attacks, generates too many die rolls and still seems too powerful to me anyway.

Thanks again, surely some more questions will follow at some point ;)